Poll

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Dunc0936, Feb 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=89254.html

The above link has been mentioning about a march in London some time this year to protest about the way the armed forces are being funded and treated. I am happy to start the ball rolling with the organisation, but wanted first to find how people felt about the idea first with a poll. so simpole question Really

Duncan

2. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

3. I voted no.

I think a VIOLENT march should be organised. We have tried peaceful protest(every first saturday in May around Middx IIRC :D ). Watch the pant wetting liberals crap themselves when we announce that 30000 or p1ssed off vets, squaddies, Marines and Matelots are coming to town looking for a Rumble.

The Airmen will have to make do with providing Lucozade and Marching Music as we know its just their officers that do the fighting. :D

We'd make the may day protestors look like a WI tea party. Incidentally I reckon Phil the Greek would be up for it. Years of pent up frustration in that bloke.

4. Don't invite the Navy along - they will park their ships all over the place, block the Thames and they always steal the booze and women.

OK not enough ships to block Thames, but rest is true

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I've never seen a peaceful mark, either organised or disorganised.

6. I say all of us go on strike! Except for those on tour. And those training to go on tour. And those who are already on leave. Or stagging on. Hmm, I think that'll probably leave only my useless ASM to go on strike. And he's too spineless to do something like that!

7. Perhaps we should hold a military day in the centre of London. Drill displays in Trafalgar Square, air power demonstrations over Hyde Park, amphibious assaults on the Embankment, fast roping into Covent Garden. Take over London for a day and show Harry Public what we do for a living.

8. Perhaps we should hold a military day in the centre of London. Drill displays in Trafalgar Square, air power demonstrations over Hyde Park, amphibious assaults on the Embankment, fast roping into Covent Garden. Take over London for a day and show Harry Public what we do for a living.

good idea but where will we find the people to do the parades and shows???? The ACF or boy scouts?

9. A fair proportion of those medically downgraded can march...

10. You must be joking! Have you seen just how quick those fablon biff chits and downgrading chits come out at the merest hint of drill?

:D

11. Like sweeping hangers and folding cam nets? or surfing the ARRSE website? :D

12. Or standing around at 1400 hrs on a Friday b1tching and whinging because for the second Friday in a row we are working on the afternoon!

13. That's my plan scuppered! It might still encourage more to join though...

14. I know a bloke called Mark and he is quite peaceful, but that could have something to do with the medication he's forced to take.

15. a bit disapointing really so far, 500 hits to this thread and only 48 people voted, doesn't take much really,

Duncan