POLL: Who would you vote for in the Euro elections?

Who would you vote for?

  • Labour

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plaid Cymru

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BNP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spoil ballot paper

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Socialist Worker's Party

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Respect

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SDLP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DUP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UUP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
I'm buggered if I know who I'm voting for. I'll start investigating the local independent candidates, as I believe we need more of them. If I had to choose a party, then maybe I'd begrudgingly choose UKIP due to my disgust at the corporate fascism that exists in the corridors of power in Brussels. Pity, as the original European set-up seemed sensible enough.
 
#2
check out no2eu...

UKIP dont seem to bad
 
#4
UKIP at the Euro elections but probably somebody else* at the local and general elections.

*Not Labour or BNP under any circumstances though.
 
#6
Whet said:
I don't understand how UKIP can stand in the EU elections. You don't give up cake by eating it.
It's more of a protest vote Whet although I can see your point in observing the political oxymoron.
 
#8
LancePrivateJones said:
Whet said:
I don't understand how UKIP can stand in the EU elections. You don't give up cake by eating it.
It's more of a protest vote Whet although I can see your point in observing the political oxymoron.
Wasnt questioning your decision mate, but the party itself.
 
#9
Whet said:
LancePrivateJones said:
Whet said:
I don't understand how UKIP can stand in the EU elections. You don't give up cake by eating it.
It's more of a protest vote Whet although I can see your point in observing the political oxymoron.
Wasnt questioning your decision mate, but the party itself.
Yeah I know, but what to do?
If there are any good independents I may go for one of them.
Possibly the same as you for the General Election though, Havn't made my mind up yet.
 
#11
I'm not sure who I would vote for. Before this scandal, Labour and Conservatives are pretty much the same. Lib Dem seem like a viable alternative. In England, the rest seem to be a wasted vote.

What shouldn't be done is either not voting or spoiling a ballot paper - how can you complain about anything that the Govt do or, as this is a military forum, say anything about where we deploy or our tactics in Afghanistan or Iraq if you do not vote. It is a waste and that is the real crime.

After the scandals, they are all as bad as each other - the gravy train has been caught out. How can we follow individuals who appear to have no moral compass - maybe there should be enforced Values and Standards for MPs?? What about MP training that is received on election to the House of Commons - annual training on morals, expense completing, debating styles (to stop disorder in the House of Commons), time management and communication skills)? I can just see Gordon Brown sat behind a desk receiving the MP training, looking at his watch, showing his complete lack of interest whilst he learns about his Values and Standards!

I understand the need to have a place to stay in London - should it be a hotel/ rented accommodation or an 'MP patch' - the Olympic Village??? A collective 'patch' would see savings in security as they are all in one place. What it shouldn't be is a house purchased by the MP, using tax payers' money to pay the interest and then not refunding it after they leave Parliament.

What this fiasco should not see is an increase in voting for marginal parties with extreme views - that would be a scandal. What you should also look at it is voter apathy – either tackle the root causes or make it compulsory – I believe that the whole voting system is rubbish – all those on the electoral role should be made to vote and it be frowned upon not to!

I am sure that, post the General Election, there will be a few more MPs who will have that moral compass and will be honest. What will also happen is that there will be change to the allowances prior to the election, no MPs will get found guilty and none will apologise.

GBTD

Edited to add part on voting!
 
#12
Well BNP is winning at the moment.

It take it today's forces are extremely racist.

Or is it we've just had enough of the 'let's shit on our own people' policies from the other parties.
 
#13
LancePrivateJones said:
UKIP at the Euro elections but probably somebody else* at the local and general elections.

*Not Labour or BNP under any circumstances though.
Seconded with the Lib Dems on top.
 
#14
Not Conservative, Labour or BNP under any circumstances. LibDems are unlikely as well, as they've played an incredibly two-faced game here in Jockshire. SNP haven't done that badly for a minority government IMO, especially given the way the unionist parties keep ganging up to smack them about, but they're still shite from the same arrse as the rest of them.

Most probably an independant if there is one, otherwise - well, I guess I'll see who's on the ballot on the day.
 
#15
I'd vote LibDem but as I'm Norn Ireland I'm a bit fooked. Can't bring myself to vote for a party that wants a united Ireland (SDLP) or any of the creationist/conservative loons in the UU/DUP....

Might have to be the Alliance
 
#16
Tory - Purely because out of the rest they are the most likely to win. In essence my vote and many like it will secure a win.

I'm not voting Tory in - I'm voting labour out!
 
#17
YM


I think we may well have more of the same as the vote will be split and the current administration will continue with an overall majority, if some what reduced.

I would like to be proved wrong but current events are reinforcing this split by blackening all parties, forcing human nature to take over and people who are unsure to vote for the party they have always voted for.

Not entirely sure I want to hang around to see the country descend in further in to Stalinist lunacy.

YM
 
#18
Given the current feeling over MP's use of public money, the next general election will be very interesting. I'll go for the local Independent. At least he/she may actually live locally :)
 
#19
Yeo_Man said:
YM


I think we may well have more of the same as the vote will be split and the current administration will continue with an overall majority, if some what reduced.

I would like to be proved wrong but current events are reinforcing this split by blackening all parties, forcing human nature to take over and people who are unsure to vote for the party they have always voted for.

Not entirely sure I want to hang around to see the country descend in further in to Stalinist lunacy.

YM
If labour get in again I fully intend to be gone within 18 months of their re-election.
 

Latest Threads

Top