Poll - travelling bear game

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Aug 27, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, I'm game for a bear

100.0%
  2. Travelling bear? No thanks. Not in my house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Here's an idea from an arrser, so I'm starting a poll.

What about a travelling bear?

Could be called Captain Van der Lust or something like that. (QM's note - perhaps a better name, and we'd have to decide whether military or frilly)

Arrsers pay a sum, say £20, to give the bear a holiday and agree to also pay the postage to send the bear on to the next arrser.

Pictures could be published, attempts could be made to grab pics with celebs and the like.

What do you think?

So, I'll run this poll for a week, and if it's a goer, I'll dress a bear and the game will commence about a week later.

2. Sounds like a good idea. I would keep with the military theme though to facilitate fundraising. Certainly such a well-travelled bear would be 'them' and only have a first name and initial? Black nasty optional...

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Great idea, para_medic. We'll have to propose a name - Sandy B? Smudge S?

4. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Sounds a great idea to me ;o)

5. Chalky Miller?

6. Only if YIM delivers it in her 'Special Packaging'!

Otherwise...yeah go on...'specially if there's an RM/RN bear doing 'rounds'.

7. Sounds like a good idea, the only problem I can see is that if the current bearer is to send it on to the next one then some people might have persec issues about giving their addresses out

8. If we 'book' the bear through a central point then all that needs to be known is that the next person in the chain is an arrser, not which arrser it is. The photos can appear out of sequence maybe?

9. would this be ready soon? I would be happy to take the bear to Arnhem 17-21 September

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sounds good to me, does he fancy a week in Germany?

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

I'll do my best, folks, but today I have bought a new Brat Towers. This means I'll be spending more time painting, decorating, drilling, screwing and hammering than I will with more ladylike pursuits like sewing. I'll do my best to get something going by mid September.

Poppy I think Slingsby himself is headed for Arnhem. I don't want to steal his Thunder!!!

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Good point. I'm happy to keep a diary and act as the central point.

13. Maybe Mike D, 29 SAS

Michael (Reginald*) DeaN who, after frequent run-ins with the law, was dishonourably discharged from HM Forces - or so it was thought.
    It can now be revealed that it did get rather quiet around Mike due to the fact that he did attempt and indeed pass selection, was badged and now tours the world causing mischief in the name of charity and generally banjoing eggs, mainly deserving ones.

*Don't ever mention that to his face - no, seriously, don't!

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Sounds like a great name, but with only 11 votes, will it work?????

15. I have my doubts tbh. It has a lot of 'easier' donation competitors, requires much more effort than clicking the paypal send icon, and the persec issue is putting people off.
    There is really a flood of charity drives at the moment so maybe shelve the idea for the time being?

On second thought, what is there to lose? Just get the bear rolling and see if it is sustainable...