• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

[Poll] People youre glad are dead

Who are you most glad is pushing up the daisies?

• Hitler et al.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stalin

• Bobby Sands and friends

• Oswald Mosely

• John Tyndall

• Enoch Powell

• Lord Haw Haw

• Zarqawi

• Sloberdan

• Pol Pot

• Total voters
Wishing death on people isn't exactly a hobby of mine, it's generally not a very nice thing to do. However there are many people who I'm glad are dead, some are obvious, some will have little reasons next to them

Almost all major Nazi party members - obvious
Stalin - Obvious
Bobby Sands + the rest of the IRA synchronised slimming team (1981)
Oswald Mosely - Founder of British Union of Facists and all round not particularly nice chap (1980?)
John Tyndall - Founder of BNP (2005)
Enoch Powell - Didn't like "darkies" (1998)
Lord Haw Haw - obvious (1946)
Zarqawi - Got what was coming to him, shame it didn't come quicker (2006)
Slobadan Milosovic - Bit of genocide never hurt anyone? Oh, wait a minute... (2006)
Pol Pot - 1m dead in a few years in Cambodia (1998)
Saddam Hussien - What a... oh what a minute, he's not dead... yet... (1937 - ?)

Anyone else like to add to this little list? Who else would you like to see on here by the end of the year?

Suggestions are expected to include:
Bin Laden
Bush (both of them)
Blair
Gerry Adams
Martin McGuiness
General Pinochet
Mugabe
Putin (his version of "communism lite" seems to be the full fat variety now...)

Put my name down for Bush (both of them) and Nicholas van Hoogstraten for a start.
Hey, Crabby, shouldn't a young lad like you be out on a Saturday night???????

crabby said:
However there are many people who I'm glad are dead, some are obvious, some will have little reasons next to them

Almost all? Who would be the exceptions and why :?

Edited for slepping

Priam said:
crabby said:
However there are many people who I'm glad are dead, some are obvious, some will have little reasons next to them

Almost all? Who would be the excepions and why :?
I thought one was still alive... can't remember which though.

Of those that went to Nurembourg some people thought Albert Speer was an alright bloke, got 20 years for saying he didn't know what was going on but it was his responsibility to know and therefore he was responsible. They reckon he did know but they also didn't want the war crimes trial to look like a farce.
Albert Speer was Hitlers architect mainly, but also was minister for war production (or whatever they called it) and there is evidence he asked for Jewish labour to be fed more, not because they deserved to live but because they needed the labour in their factories.

Personally I'm glad they're dead and it's a shame some of them escaped the Hangman (Hitler, Goring, Himler), I'd have had them hung long, slow and painful.

Those tw@ts from Peru/Iran that put Scotland out of the 78 cup (even thoughwe beat Holland!)

Rev Dr Ian Paisley and UDR/RIR RUC/PSNI who flash the sash whilst in the Queen's uniform! The female voice on TomTom Go (ALL OF THEM!)

CheekieNorthernMonkie said:
Those tw@ts from Peru/Iran that put Scotland out of the 78 cup (even thoughwe beat Holland!)

Rev Dr Ian Paisley
and UDR/RIR RUC/PSNI who flash the sash whilst in the Queen's uniform! The female voice on TomTom Go (ALL OF THEM!)
How did I forget to add him? I hope he burns in hell for the hatred, deaths and everything else he's helped forment over the years. He's as bad as Adams and McGuiness (if that's possible)

crabby said:
CheekieNorthernMonkie said:

Rev Dr Ian Paisley
and UDR/RIR RUC/PSNI who flash the sash whilst in the Queen's uniform! The female voice on TomTom Go (ALL OF THEM!)
How did I forget to add him? I hope he burns in hell for the hatred, deaths and everything else he's helped forment over the years. He's as bad as Adams and McGuiness (if that's possible)
Thought I'd cover your 6 their big fella!

How the fcuk could you include Enoch Powell in that list with those fcuking criminals? He was a Brigadier at the age of 29 (IIRC) and he said what he thought in the famous speech, and there is more than a grain of truth in it.

the_guru said:
How the fcuk could you include Enoch Powell in that list with those fcuking criminals? He was a Brigadier at the age of 29 (IIRC) and he said what he thought in the famous speech, and there is more than a grain of truth in it.
Got to admit, felt the same when I saw his name, but in a moment of not rocking the boat weakness, I skipped it! Much misunderstood - and proved bloody right by time and history!

the_guru said:
He may have been right about some stuff. So was Hitler ffs (not that often mind).

Basically he's on there because he helped foster racial hatred, he caused malcontent in areas of the population that caused violence and death. He's not quite in the same league as most of those on the list, but he's "home grown" and someone who's actions generally only affected those in the UK. He was basically a figurehead for "what was wrong" with some of his thinking - not because he wasn't occasionally right, but because when he was wrong it was sickening.

Seriously, I think you need to do some more research on Powell. He was a complex and sometimes misunderstood character and no, I'm not going to start with the BNP-style "Powell was right...". It is lazy and uninformed just to think he was an out-and-out bigot - the problem was that mot of what he said and wrote went over people's heads. It is unfortunate he has been adopted as a figurehead by some of the most ignorant elements of society.

Can I add Princess Di, anyway? Not evil, just deeply tedious.

clownbasher said:
Seriously, I think you need to do some more research on Powell. He was a complex and sometimes misunderstood character and no, I'm not going to start with the BNP-style "Powell was right...". It is lazy and uninformed just to think he was an out-and-out bigot - the problem was that mot of what he said and wrote went over people's heads. It is unfortunate he has been adopted as a figurehead by some of the most ignorant elements of society.

Can I add Princess Di, anyway? Not evil, just deeply tedious.
I have looked into Powell. I know that at times he is misunderstood. He actually encouraged the introduction of ethnic minorities into the health service, giving them a better quality of life. On the otherhand some of the stuff he did say was taken up by those less then desirable members of society who ran with it.

I do not deny he was clever, brigadier at 29 (but he was never in combat) and something like 11-12 languages learnt before he died. Yet he did turn his mind to some incredibly radical "right wing ideals". He didn't discourage the actions of "racists" as such. He's on the list because he was a figurehead and he didn't try and get himself removed as such.

Disagree. Concern over immigration is the not the same as racism. In fact if you look into some of what he said he goes one beyond the PC brigade and points out what he sees as patronising and unwittingly racist behaviour on their part.

Latest Threads