Poll Mosque for London

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HEART_STOPPER, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then all I recieved this email and well I just dont think we would be allowed to build a church of our religion in their country so is it right we pay for a mosque in london?
    Your thoughts please oh and the link should take you to the poll to vote.

Dear Friends,

Please take a few minutes to consider the following:
    Ken Livingstone the Mayor of London is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100 million pounds in the docklands of London .

What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities??

BIGGER THAN ST PAULS!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will it see it as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St Paul 's, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium.

Take a second to cast your vote in The Evening Standard on-line poll to determine public opinion about whether a mega mosque should be built for the Olympics.

The vote so far is 56 % in favour.

It looks like the Muslim community is casting its vote in droves, and as usual everyone else is burying their heads in the sand....

After voting, please forward this to as many people as you can.

Here's the link:

2. This came up about 3 weeks ago, unfortunatly the mods took it off, not to cause a problem with racist remarks, who would have thought such a thing on this site :eek:
  3. Sorry didnt realise just thought we should give some of the others a chance of a vote
    MODs if it has to go, once again my apologies
  4. Considering that most Islamic states do allow christian worship perhaps your exhortation is some what misplaced

Or perhaps I should suggest you take your biggotry elsewhere.

5. Its not right that you the tax payer pay for any religious establish, but unfortunatly you want to go upsetting them now do we. As for Biggotry
    that bollox, over here ( i do live in a Muslim state) you cant touch or chat up the local birds, muslims take priorty on every thing i see it in action every day.

Its only in Britanistan that the brits are the 2nd class citizens, cheers tony cnut

Probably Maxi 77 works for the council and votes labour.
  6. The last informative note I saw n the mosque said that the funding was all provided by the muslims themselves, Red Ken's involment is apparently only vocal not financial.

Also I do not work for any council, and never have, neither have I ever voted for the Labour party, especially NuLabor, so take your biggoted bike elsewhere.

Attached Files:

8. £100m mosque: Vote now
    Poll: Are you in favour of the £100m mosque? (Since publication of this original poll, proposals for this mosque have been revised)

Unelected quango to decide on mosque for Olympic site

Nothing shoud outshine british heritage
  9. Not a bad idea, we could build it underwater!
  10. Since this has been up for over 36 hours, is it ok to start getting all 'NAAFI Bar' about it????
  12. Let them build it on some remote island.
  13. Why is public money being used. Churches have to be paid for from church funds, i.e. the congregation!
  14. I don't ever remember seeing a church when I lived in the UAE. Or indeed when I was in Saudi. It is very much behind closed doors. It is allowed yes, but is not in your face like this kind of lunacy. We are apparently a christian country, and as such this sort of free advertising and over the top expenditure on a Muslim place of worship is senseless.