Nominations for The Order of ARRSE - March 2008

• Jon Snow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Max Clifford

• George Galloway

• Total voters
I'd prefer the Editor of 'New Idea', but hey it's a band wagon and I like a jump (in a non-airborne sort of way...)!

Jon Snow all the way, but closely followed by all the people that have said they had the right to know Harry was out there, have they never heard of national security, or should we publisize the names and addresses of every soldier serving in Afghan.

I think that the cnut Max Clifford is highly deserving of a Dis-Honourable Mention for his efforts to discredit HRH and the work he has done in 'Stan.

Count me in. I heard Jon Snow saying that Harry's tour shouldn't have been subject to a news black-out because the MoD could have avoided it by not sending him. Just like 2 Para had the choice of not attacking Goose Green when the Beeb broadcast their intentions I suppose.

Mind you, Max Clifford seems to be coming up on the rails fast. How about making Jon Snow the retrospective recipient for February and picking someone else for March?

i think this months 'Order of ARRSE' should be presented to all the jurno hacks who squealed on the Gwar FAC.

Dunservin said:
Count me in. I heard Jon Snow saying that Harry's tour shouldn't have been subject to a news black-out because the MoD could have avoided it by not sending him. Just like 2 Para had the choice of not attacking Goose Green when the Beeb broadcast their intentions I suppose.

Mind you, Max Clifford seems to be coming up on the rails fast. How about making Jon Snow the retrospective recipient for February and picking someone else for March?
Sounds good to me: first recipient of The Order of ARRSE goes to Jon Snow for the month of February 2008 unless anyone disagrees.

Nominations now for March 2008 please.

Agreed then,

I propose Max Clifford for the pathetic attempt of trying to discredit Harry.

Yup - Max Cliffirds remarks are those of a self publicising tosser taking a cheap shot about something he knows nothing about.

Seconded for the March Award.

Put me down for Jon Snow,after his Poppy protest he came off my Christmas card list,but this puts the nail in his coffin the mans a self important tool of the first water.

Agreed Snow for Feb and Cnut Clifford for March. I am discounting all Liabour politicians from my calculations as they have an unfair advantage as they are Institutionalised Cnuts.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Agreed Snow for Feb and Cnut Clifford for March. I am discounting all Liabour politicians from my calculations as they have an unfair advantage as they are Institutionalised Cnuts.
Seconded. As for the 2nd point it should read ALL (Freeloading, bandjumping winkers (sorry they p*ss me off)) politians

how about setting up a poll?

I think this stupid ill informed cow deservrs a mention for March.
I have highlighted a few choice remarks.

Amanda Platell (Daily Mail 01Mar08)
Was Harry serving the Army - or vice-versa?
22:35pm 29th February 2008

We're more used to him propping up the bar at Boujis nightclub, so the sight of Prince Harry in his camouflage combats patrolling in Afghanistan was as sobering and unfamiliar for us as it must have been for him.
For those who dismissed him as a petulant playboy, this was a very different Prince indeed. And according to him, this was the real Harry.
Ordering air strikes, operating machine-guns and watching the horizon for enemy movement, he certainly looked the epitome of a dedicated, modern soldier.
Larking with the lads, boasting he hadn't washed for four days, he is clearly desperate to be one of the boys - Our Boys - on the frontline.
We should admire his courage and commitment in fighting for Queen and country. And indeed his mere presence in Afghanistan reminds us of the debt we owe all our troops.
But while saluting him, aren't we also entitled to ask what cost the Army may yet pay? There can be no denying that his mere presence in Afghanistan has made it a more dangerous place.
Dream: Prince Harry said his deployment meant all his wishes had come true. But at what cost?
The wrath of the Taliban will be merciless, as it seeks revenge for the Army's perceived PR coup, while Al Qaeda is likely to redouble its determination to strike at Britain.
So why was Harry sent there? Because he caused such a stink when he was stopped from serving in Iraq that he threatened to quit the Army.
But isn't it a soldier's job to take orders? And isn't it a soldier's duty to accept the judgment of his superiors who make the ultimate decisions about troop safety, and who - some months ago - had grave reservations about sending him into combat?
In a war stretched of resources, where funding cuts for vital equipment have led to the deaths of soldiers, one has to question whether sending a crack SAS squad as bodyguards to ferry a prince in and out of Helmand can ever be justified.
We may never know the true cost of fulfilling the Prince's dream, in terms of manpower to protect him, constant surveillance to keep him safe and months of top-level planning to get him there in secret.
But I have every sympathy with the mothers of the 11,000 British men and women serving in Afghanistan and Iraq who may well be asking themselves today why their sons and daughters are not afforded the same protection, or why their offspring's lives were put in jeopardy to fulfil one young boy's dreams?
I repeat - no one can fault Prince Harry for his courage. But wouldn't it have been equally brave - and even more noble - to have sacrificed his personal ambitions for his comrades' safety. That would have shown true wisdom and maturity.
As he flies home to shelter and celebration, we can surely be forgiven for wondering whether Prince Harry is serving the Army, or the Army is serving Prince Harry.

• PRINCE HARRY'S job in Afghanistan was to make split-second decisions differentiating between friend and foe, as he called in allied air strikes.
Which must have been a bit of a worry given that when he's taking pot shots at Sandringham, he can't even tell the difference between a hen harrier and a pheasant. Allegedly.

Could anybody confirm, without breaching site rules, that Harry had Them as personal body guards. As I understand it he flew out with an SF detachment purely so he could enter the theatre without fanfare.

As for "putting lives in jeopardy to fulfil one young boy's dreams" I think she needs to do some research before spouting off.
Whist I applauded the British media for keeping quiet, now the cat's out of the bag "journalists" like Ms Platell will milk this for weeks without actually having aclue what they are talking about.