Politicians won seats with fake proxy votes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Oct 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bet Bliar more annoyed that Lib Dem members won more than the fact they cheated!
  2. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Manzur Hussain and Mozaquir Ali

Good old fashioned English names, I see............
  3. Typical British names I suppose.
  4. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Not where I come from Sergey old chap.
  5. What I find particularly frightening is this:

So if they'd been a bit more canny, they probably wouldn't have been sussed. It makes me wonder why automatic checks aren't in place to keep such people honest. It also makes me wonder how many (much more astute) politicians have got away with it.
  6. Sorry, I haven't seen your remark.

There is a similar problem in other countries. Recently Russian TV reported about a ring of corruptioners (ethnically Azeris). It included several policmen (including a head of local police station), head of local adminictration, members of local council, criminals, traders and so on. They organised a channel for illegal immigrants. Many were granted Russian citizenship. The whole villages I believe arrived in Russia. This criminal ring faked a documents for newcomers for appartments of poor lone Russian pensioners. Many of them disappeared.

I hope that in the UK it is impossible.
  7. I suppose You have proper Anglish names like Hereward and Beowulf, eh Sheldrake :roll:
  8. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Touche, Sven.

You're quite right to pick me up on that, I should have said British. As a proud Cornishman I do have a British name.

So run that up the flagpole and salute it, you spiky rodent!

9. What I have trouble believing is the last sentence in that article. This pair were convicted of a crime which, whilst not as serious as some, is still serious enough that I hope the court is considering jail terms for both.

Then they get let out on bail. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these two now have every incentive to disappear?
  10. "another blow to confidence in the British election system"

Did I miss something, was there 'confidence' in the first place, all voting systems are up for corruption, look how bLair got in, I cant find anyone who admits voting for him last time LOL
  11. (my bold)

Must have taken them all night to think up that cunning ruse!
  12. What do they think this is, a third world country or something?...oh..wait a minute...
  13. "another blow to confidence in the British election system"

No cause for complacency, but it was the returning officer who called in the police.
  14. Yes, very similar names to those what were found to have engaged in fruad during the local authority election in Birmingham won by Labour that was described in court as 'shaming a 'Banana Republic'.

I am ashamed that the Council of Europe should be sending observers to monitor our elections. I can understand it in places such as Zimbabwe but I cannot understand it in England.

If the job was less cushy, lucrative, well paid, less well 'expensed' and actually existed to serve the public I doubt they would actually have bothered!

Politics is obviously a job to kill for!