politicians and policemen

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I see on the bbc that the gubmint is intending to lump electable commisioners and expensive political advisors onto local police authorities. besides being a waste of money I couldnt believe my eyes when ed balls was saying he was against government interference!

no links as yet so cant stick one up. just watch the news :)

ah here we go - Elected police commissioners could get own political advisers, minister suggests - Telegraph - I cant see the police having much use for more spin doctors on top of the 2000 they have allready.

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It's going to be more that £2 million. I can't imagine you buy much of a political advisor for £40k a year. Are these police commissioners the new Chief Constable or are we talking the Chief's boss? I like the idea of an elected, operation head of the policewho has to answer to the voting public. Some committee chairman who "directs policy" is a load of hairy round ones

3. IIRC I have seen info today in telegraph or guardian that they will be paid £100k+ a year. I will say that is not confirmed and I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I like the idea of an accountable police leadership. my fear is that it will be hijacked by the tories/labour/ a n other political party to control and exert influence and not be accountable to the public.

I will be very interested to see the job descriptions and how they advertise and interview for these jobs. With salaries of £100+ a year being up for grabs, I can't see joe public getting invited for an interview! The normal letter of "You have been unsuccesful on this occasion" comes to mind.

Jobs for the boys or selected few!!!!