Political Satire UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jonwilly, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. World Development Forum, who ever they are, has commissioned a new Satirical Skit on George Osborne the UK Chancellor.
    BBC World Business Program has just shown a couple of mins.
    The Real George Osborne - Episode 1 - The Os-Borne Identity - YouTube
    4 episodes already.
    I always said on this board that if a Satirical Political prog had happened back in Labours first term Blair would never have had a second let alone a third term.

2. My bet is that there is Union cash behind this - looks rather purile, so I wouldn't be suprised.

Agreed, I could never understand why the Ben Eltons of this world never made programme about Blair and Brown, let's face it there was enough material.

Real lack of balance
  3. Target-audience; the honest, hard-working, downtrodden masses were quiet happy to laugh at the antics of the Toffs (as they do now, it appears) but would be less amused to see their idols having the piss ripped out of them.

4. Global justice campaigners tackling the causes of poverty | World Development Movement

Chairwoman is Maggie Pankhurst - serial NGO "consultant"
    Maggie Pankhurst has been a member of WDM for over 15 years and has been on Council since 2005, most recently as Chair. Maggie works as a consultant in the INGO sector working on governance and change processes with a range of small/medium organisations

Looks like she is well plugged into the network, with a good handfull of advisory jobs - probably trousering over £100,000 - no doubt operating a tax effective income protection position.

Meet The Team- Apex Works - towards the bottom

Maggie Pankhurst | LinkedIn

Net income of arounf 400K from individuals and 600k from their foundation.

Also sizable chunk from this organisation Isvara Foundatation
  5. Strange for a "charity" with an aim of reducing world hunger to spend hundreds of thousands on professionally produced series attacking the Chancellor.
  6. .........are nothing to do with the makers of this satire, Jon.
  7. There is no such thing as 'bad publicity'. This just raises their profile a little.
  8. I'd hardly call this 'satire'. More unfounded piss taking.
  9. You entirely missed The Thick Of It then? Got vapid flappy New Labor down to a tee. Course that's really satire from the left as well.
  10. Not very good piss taking either. Was that meant to be an impersonation? Hardly Rory Bremner.
  11. Ep1 stars a help for heroes rugby ball. About the most interesting thing in it.

12. Oh that's Ayman Jallad, runs Caterpillar Lebanon, bit Green not very keen on Israel.
  13. I'm not sure Princess Productions would agree with that sentiment anymore.

Sent from my Desire HD