Political parties taking or giving to the army?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by 2_Canadian_Beers, Apr 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching the television trying to grab ahold of your political system.
    Just wondering which political party best suits the armed forces such as budget, giving the most to the armed forces?

Cheers 2CB

2. None

They will all try to stiff us, no matter what they say! :evil:

3. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

2CB, BFB may sound cynical but he's not, it is the way. It's been a very long time since the British Forces have had anything good to say about their government.

4. Can not be overall as bad as it is in Canada, for treating thier troops.

Cheers guys 2CB

5. You're right at least we're an army for fighting not just peacekeeping.

6. Were peace keeping? Thanks for keeping me in the dark.

Cheers 2CB

7. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

A friend of mine who lives in your country tells me that your Government is reinstating your parachute/airborne roled regiment, so your Government can't be all that bad.

Our Government (and I use the term loosely!) just tries to strip away the layers of history until politically correct and "clean" and treats very senior officers in such a way that they either turn into a political animal looking for their knighthood or too are too scared to actually say what they think and stand up for their own forces! (Or Both.)

You won't find a "proper soldier" getting past Colonel these days, as evidenced by the way Tim Collins was treated.

8. Goverments are the all the same, give them a war and the Army are the best thing since sliced bread, end the war and it's good bye to the troops, how soon can we run them down!

You would think after several centuries they would have learnt this isn't the way to do it, you only get a good army by keeping the regiments and personnel you've got, not by panic recruiting when you need them.

9. Problem we have these days is that option one of the army being the best thing since sliced bread whilst fighting a war is being carried out as concurrent activity with option 2 of good bye to the troops and how soon can we run them down?