Political Correctness.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Poor_Bloody_Infantry, Dec 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Over the last decade the phenomenon of political correctness has become more and more a feature of life here, and under Bliar and Labour it has become the dominating factor in politics.

However, almost all of the references to in in the media and in conversation are suffixed with "gone mad", which has made me think that PC exists only because of the efforts of a few people in influential positions, over the past few years or so. Nearly every person I've spoken to thinks PC is a load of boll*cks. Granted most of these people are squaddies, but then we're not that different from civvies in terms of political viewpoints, are we? Or maybe we are given how many of the fools voted for Bliar.

Given the above is true, how long is it before the ramparts PC come crashing down? Every day you read of incidents that are more and more amazing in the sheer stupidity of them - truly political correctness gone mad, but they are far from commonplace, and surely the average person is well and truly p1ssed off with it all.

So, do you think that PC will be phased out gently without us even noticing it, or will it go out with a big fascist reactionist bang? Or is it here for good and I've been talking sh1t? Grateful for any opinions you have. Please give me a light at the end of the tunnel!
  2. No, you crippled Catholic lesbian wog!
  3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A degree of PC is suitable for the modern world but when you can no longer call something a blackboard or a manhole cover then perhaps it's time to be sensible.
  4. Is it cuz iz black? :lol:
  5. Back to the cotton fields with you :twisted:
  6. You are of course refering to chalk board and municiple workperson access hatch..

how come we can have white boards and white wash and red diesel (any native americans in here offended by that one?)
  7. Banning the phrase "Political Correctness Gone Mad" from the media?

That would be Political Correctness Gone Mad......
  9. There's only one thing worse than political correctness and that's people who incessantly fcuking whine about it...
  10. No - fang-farrier was talking about a blackboard and a manhole cover - definitions for which both still (i believe) exist in the Oxford English Dictionary.
  11. Tragically, my childhood gollywog has ceased to be..... gone to meet its maker. (SOB)