Political Correctness Run Amok

FFS

I view Marxism in the same way as phrenology.

And to me, the Hammer and Sickle should be viewed with the same opprobrium as the Hakenkreuz is nowadays.

Tell me how many people would give the time of day on this site who'd claim that the Third Reich was not an implementation of "true" Nazism.
I agree with you on the hammer and sickle.

Your comparison with the Third Reich and Nazism doesn't work because they were the same thing led by the same person. Imagine if Hitler had written Mein Kampf but died shortly after and there was no Third Reich. Then in the 1960s a new Nazi party seized power in China (for example) you would have the equivalent of Bugsy saying how Chinese Nazism wasn't true Nazism and if it was just implemented properly then it would be a utopia.

Likewise, if Marx had been involved with the October revolution and the Red Terror I would happily say that brutal repression is a necessary condition of Marxism. Given that Marx died 34 years before and half the world away from the Russian revolution that's not the case.

Perhaps somebody should have told the San Fransisco Board of Supervisors that if a rose would smell as sweet by any other name, then a turd by any other name........

I really like California. Just not the people who live theres' pious attitudes and hypocrisy. The state itself is beautiful. The Marin Headlands over the bridge from cesspit #3 are lovely. The climate is fantastic. 70-80F year round, with a few excursions outside that, little humidity. It's just the wànkers that ruin it.
It sounds like france but with decent sanitation

Somewhere, someone out there is thinking of you and the tremendous impact you've made on their life.

It isn't me... I think you're a dripping quim.

And seeing how the shit between your ears didn't comprehend it the first time, fcuk off and bother someone else you waste of space and oxygen.
The disagree is for comparing him to a thing of great beauty, ;)

z

Your comparison with the Third Reich and Nazism doesn't work because they were the same thing led by the same person. Imagine if Hitler had written Mein Kampf but died shortly after and there was no Third Reich. Then in the 1960s a new Nazi party seized power in China (for example) you would have the equivalent of Bugsy saying how Chinese Nazism wasn't true Nazism and if it was just implemented properly then it would be a utopia.

Likewise, if Marx had been involved with the October revolution and the Red Terror I would happily say that brutal re223pression is a necessary condition of Marxism. Given that Marx died 34 years before and half the world away from the Russian revolution that's not the case.
Just to make sure I am following you, are you saying "marxism" is not involved, philosophically or otherwise, in the murderous totalitarian governments under the rubric of "communism" that have existed since WWII around the world?

z

Just to make sure I am following you, are you saying "marxism" is not involved, philosophically or otherwise, in the murderous totalitarian governments under the rubric of "communism" that have existed since WWII around the world?
I sense your eyes are starting to twitch...

Likewise, if Marx had been involved with the October revolution and the Red Terror I would happily say that brutal repression is a necessary condition of Marxism. Given that Marx died 34 years before and half the world away from the Russian revolution that's not the case.
Regardless of Marx, not being able to oversee his 'project' his name and ideas are rightly or wrongly, are inexorably linked. It is the root of an ideology that while it has splintered and evolved into factions, all of them use Marxism as a starting positions. to my mind all are drivel. The search for a utopian system that functions is a perfectly acceptable thing, until you have to use coercion in any way.

z

Too pissed after all day barbeque, will do serious answer tomorrow. Also, having just looked I still have my copies of the Communist Manifesto and some stuff from Lenin and Trotsky but think I loaned my copy of A People Betrayed by Orlando Figes to a student and never got it back. This annoys me, I never give away / lose books.

Edit - funny is it JJH? It took a lot of single finger typing and corrections to make that legible. I think.

Yes he does not drink the cool aid. I bet he even has a respectable haircut and washes!
I can answer that one while refreshed. No Kool Aid here, just Stella. Grade 2 back and sides and a trim of the rapidly receding stuff on top and a daily scrub with soap unless I'm off bimbling somewhere.

I do own a number of books written by communists though ;) And a bottle of Islay whisky.

Last edited:
Perhaps he's saying that Marxism is present but not involved

I can answer that one while refreshed. No Kool Aid here, just Stella. Grade 2 back and sides and a trim of the rapidly receding stuff on top and a daily scrub with soap unless I'm off bimbling somewhere.

I do own a number of books written by communists though ;)
Knob Creek this afternoon. Very nice it is, will have to add a bottle to the expanding collection.

While I'm pissed and ranting, I fucking hate the hypocrisy of political faces on T shirts.

I can guarantee all of the wankstains that would attack someone for wearing a shirt with a picture of Thatcher would be perfectly happy to wear a shirt with a picture of Che Guevara, despite Che having a thousand times more blood on his hands than Thatcher did.

Last edited:
Knob Creek this afternoon. Very nice it is, will have to add a bottle to the expanding collection.
So you had/went to a Knob Creek and your afternoon involved bottles and expanding! Is this some form of US cottaging/George Michael fan club that you are trying to confess?

Latest Threads