Political correctness - it is crippling our country!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fusilier50, Feb 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Political correctness - it is crippling our country!

Political correctness is an attack on free speech, clear thinking and discussion. Political correctness is perpetrated by the left in politics as a cover for their flawed ideology - a sort of cultural Marxism. Political correctness is an attack on all the cohesive elements of our society using the grounds that they are repressive and need liberalising. Political correctness is Marxism without the gun. It seeks to inhibit personal freedom of speech and action, replacing it with a Marxist dogma that we are all supposed to embrace. In reality though, Political correctness has done untold damage to our society by giving supposedly 'repressed' groups freedoms without any sort of balancing responsibility. Worst of all though, political correctness is an insidious ideological disease which has spread unchecked because most people just think of it as a joke.

Political correctness has made common sense a thing of the past. If you catch a burglar in your house then it's best to help the poor soul by carrying your possessions to the front door lest he should trip up and hurt himself and it's you that end up in court!

The Police have been effectively neutralised by the fast tracking of university graduates whose only experience of life has been obtained in the liberal atmosphere of education. Just in case any real policemen still exist, the Politically Correct Brigade has turned the Police Force in on itself by claims of institutional racism.

If they do actually succeed in getting a villain into court then the Magistrates hand out such lenient sentences (as laid down by the very Politically Correct 'sentencing advisory panel') that there is no deterrent. If you do end up in prison, the prison officers are told to call you by your first name and not say anything that may upset you! Just in case you get bored, you can keep yourself amused by repeatedly taking the prison governor to court over trivial matters that you think violate your human rights - all paid for by legal aid!

Travelers can descend upon your area, dump old cars and leave shit everywhere with impunity. You try doing it in your front garden and see what happens! They are allowed to bypass the normal planning controls that are so strictly enforced on the rest of us and cost local councils hundreds of thousands of pounds in court cases and clean-ups. Who pays? Why you do of course - just check your council tax bill!

Illegal immigrants (if caught) are rarely deported. Have you got a long way to come to get here? Why not hijack an airliner for the trip? Don't worry, we will still let you stay!

Would you like a black coffee? NO! You can't say that! It's coffee without milk and Local Authorities spend a fortune of our money on making their employees attend courses on Newspeak!

Our British humour has suffered badly. We can't tell jokes anymore in case it's considered racist or it upsets anyone. Don't these Politically Correct people realise that these are just jokes, said for fun and not real abuse?

Try organising an event or trip and you find yourself tied up in the endless red tape created by the Health & Safety Executive. These people are all part of the 'Nanny State' which insists in sticking its nose into every aspect of our lives and telling us how to live it!

Just in case there is anyone left in the country that might still be enjoying theirselves - let's ban smoking, fox hunting and let feminists launch a totally unfounded attack on men as rapists.

there rant over with stress levels subsiding alls peace and harmony.....until the next time :twisted:

http://www.politicallyincorrect.me.uk/index.html (forgot this as some helpful soul has pointed out)

2. bad day today per chance? - but i do agree with most of your rant

3. granted the army cant run the army but im all for a military coup.

seems to be less PC in the forces than the real world although we are slowly catching up

:)

4. Much too sensible. And besides, you might have upset someone with your rant.

5. That's funny , I just found damn near the same rant on ToryBoy. You beat me to it Awol... :D

So unless you are the ToryBoy his own self Fusilier50 , it looks like plagarism , or at least breach of copyright?

Ahhhhhh see you've added the link now.

6. i corrected my original post and posted the link to the site i found it on

oversight pure and simple

7. Ok Fusilier 50 , an oversight. Now what is your personal opinion and analysis ?

8. i agree with most of what was in the original post which is why i posted it.

my thoughts are that we have allowed "pc" to dominate our country and there is a very real danger of losing our heritage. we allow minority views to dominate our mainstream culture without a whimper because we are afraid of being labelled racist or homohobic. we have submitted to political correctness because of a sense of national guilt that is a hangover from our legacy of empire. we are running scared of offending minority groups to the extent that people can parade themselves as suicide bombers without fear of arrest. we allow the opression of women in these minorities for fear of offending them.

we allow people to settle in our country who have no loyalty to us or willingness to integrate. we have allowed ghetto's to form in the heart of our cities in which members of minorities can further isolate themselves. we refuse to close the open door of immigration for fear of being labelled a racist nation in europe. we do this because of the brainwashing of political correctness which has made us fear to demand of our immigrants that they can stay if they try to fit in with our culture and not the other way around. they must value what we have here or they wouldnt go to such lengths to get here so why have we allowed pc to shape our country to fit them. we should be encouraging them to become British not make Britain something else entirely.

police officers are recruited not on a basis of ability but on the basis of the colour of their skin or their sexual preference. this weakens and degrades our whole legal system.

soldiers are held up an villified for fighting each other for gods sake. what do they think they do?

in our schools children run riot as their teachers are hamstrung by pc. Self discipline and morality suffer in the quagmire created by pc.

our own flags and symbols of our nation are frowned upon and labelled racist and symbols of extremist groups when they should be treated with pride and respect. we should fly the flag at every opportunity but this isnt politically correct

a little bit disjointed but the best i could do with constant interruptions from her indoors and her mates :roll:

9. Hmmm - OK "fusilier50", some of your comments contain some truth, and in its most extreme manifestations (notably on US campuses etc) PC reaches truly Orwellian proportions. On the other hand, a lot of what might be termed "Political Correctness" by some is no more than common decency/ courtesy to others.

Personally, I don't much fancy a return to the world of my schooldays (1970s) where those without foreskins were routinely described as "Jewboy", "kike" or worse, and where casual references to "coons", "wogs" and "black bastards" went largely unchecked. The disabled were generally a source of amusement ("spasmos", "spacs" etc) and kept very much out of the public sphere (an embarrassment, you see) except when being patronised by some local notable/ gladhanding politician, and women WERE generally - by all rational indicators - treated as second class citizens. As for members of the Armed Forces who "cracked"... well, perhaps best not to recall the attitudes that were all pervasive back then. So, a slightly more balanced perspective is, I think, called for here.

Finally, some of your points (eg ban on "black coffee" etc) are no more than "urban myths", often perpetuated by elements of the press.

10. 1. I thought she had left you! See your posts passim.

2. Littlejohn in action. Large on fury, small on fact.

Hmm, I see Coronation Street, but not 'Mosque Street' or 'Soft furnishings' Street.

But we care so little about 'white' women that we see them exploited as sex objects with no power.

Let me get this straight, pc means that children can't behave properly? Maybe people should discipline and teach their children right from wrong.

Show me.

Have you been sniffing glue with your charges again?

11. Curry munter that was a fairly weak set of counterpoints!

"Discussion" on the internet, breaking down each and ever comment etc can go on for ever.

Is PCism in all its forms promoting negative and resentful feeling in large groups of the population, who previously had few strong/vocal opinions on the various subject matter.

Does an inability to engage in a meaningful, objective debate on the internet negate a persons own views/opinion/feelings on various political issues.

PC and new labour have shot themselves in the foot with their vigour to pander to all people, criminals, minority religious and ethic groups, europe, fack even paedophile teachers till they were found out

on a lighter note I'd prefer to drool over naked women in a grumble mag knowing
    1. They were paid for it
    2. they weren't forced to do it
    3. They have had the option of a full education.
    4. They have the right to vote
    5. They have not been forced into an arranged marriage
    6. They have not had their genitalia mutilated in a coming of age ceremony
    7. Should they commit adultery or heaven forbid get raped they will not be murdered by members of their own family in the sake of honour

toodlepip
    theGimp

12. I thought that readers might like to see an amusing piece recently emailed to me:

The Ant and the Grasshopper Fable

CLASSIC VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up
    supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool, and laughs and dances and plays the
    summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The shivering grasshopper has no food
    or shelter, so he dies out in the cold. THE END

THE BRITISH VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up
    supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool, and laughs and dances and plays the
    summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. So far, so good, eh?

The shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should
    be allowed to be warm and well fed while others less fortunate, like him, are cold and starving.
    The BBC shows up to provide live coverage of the shivering grasshopper, with cuts to a video of
    the ant in his comfortable warm home in Hampstead with a table laden with food. The British are
    stunned that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so while
    others have plenty. The Liberal Party, the Respect Party, the Transvestites With Starving
    Babies Party, the Single Lesbian One Eyed Mothers Party and the Coalition Against Poverty
    demonstrate in front of the ant's house. The BBC, interrupting a Rastafarian cultural festival
    special from Grimsby with breaking news, broadcasts them singing "We Shall Overcome." Ken
    Livingstone laments in an interview with Panorama that the ant has got rich off the backs of
    grasshoppers, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share". In
    response, the Labour Government drafts the Economic Equity and Grasshopper Anti-Discrimination Act,
    retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant's taxes are reassessed, and he is also fined for
    failing to hire grasshoppers as helpers. Without enough money to pay the fine and his newly imposed
    retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by Camden Council. The ant moves to France, and
    starts a successful AgriBiz company [funded by the EU] (although within weeks, his business is
    threatened with compulsory purchase by the state unless he marries a French ant). The BBC later
    shows the now fat grasshopper finishing up the last of the ant's food, though Spring is still
    months away, while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house,
    crumbles around him because he hasn't bothered to maintain it. Inadequate government funding is
    blamed, Diane Abbot is appointed to head a commission of enquiry that will cost £10,000,000.
    The grasshopper is soon dead of a drug overdose, the Guardian blames it on the obvious failure of
    government to address the root causes of despair arising from social inequity. The abandoned house is
    taken over by a gang of immigrant spiders, praised by the government for enriching Britain's multicultural
    diversity, who promptly set up a marijuana growing operations and terrorize the community.
    THE END

13. Why is it PC not to use the word Man generically for members of the human race, when one of the most PC of trades acting has srarted referring to actresses as actors.

PC is not responsible for changing attitudes, there are other many other factors involved, it has,however, produced more lunacy than marketing speak and Harvard Business speak combined.