Political correctness-cause of a rise in the BNPs fortunes?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dui-lai, Apr 28, 2004.

?
  1. Damn right, ban it completely!

55.3%
  2. Could be but my head hurts after too many beers!

29.8%
  3. No, absolutely not! It is the way forward for the UK!

10.6%
  4. God bless the PC brigade-keep it up!

4.3%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3554755.stm

Read this and other topics mentioned lately about the rise of the BNP. Could PC be the cause of this? A back lash to its stupidity at times?

Is this the possible cause of the fortunes of the BNP? As more people see PC being overtly anti-WASP, they vote for an extremist organisation which will represent their disgust?

I am in no way racist/facist or wish to present a racist opinion. This is entirely launched at PC and its problems, not other races or religions. Vote please but DO NOT ACCUSE ME of being racist!

Right, fuse lit and now to retire to the NAAFI to observe the lovely display! :wink:

2. Generally, yes. Anyone who's read up on the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany will be familiar with the way in which a combination of real problems and a perceived lack of will on behalf of the mainstream political parties to address said problems leads to increased votes for radical organisations.

3. I dont think too much blame can be laid at the feet of the PC brigade, its my view that the majority of the public simply tut when they hear the latest piece of PC madness, say the worlds gone mad then get on with their lives.

What is worrying is the current imigration and assylum situation. Alot of people percieve that the Govt has made a total balls up of the situation and consider that the immigrant is getting a better deal than them. Rather than speaking up, the silent majority may well use a vote for the BNP to get their point accross, not realising fully what the BNP stand for. A situation such as that worries me considerably.

Boney

4. The same as what happened in France with the far right really close to "take power" can happen here too. I don't think they will manage to take control but it can be pretty close.

5. Boney mentioned asylum, what really fùcks me off is that genuine 'asylum' seekers according to international law are meant to stop in the first safe country they reach. As far as im aware theres a whole bit of land called Europe between Britain and the majority of asylum seekers - or is there a reason the rest of European isnt benificial, sorry safe.

Genuine asylum seekers = yes, money grabbers = no

6. I am in total agreement with MMs post.

In my opinion the whole country has gone PC barmy. Take for example the police force. They are on record as saying that they are now actively recruiting from the ethnic minorities. Also, the army have an ethnic minorities recruiting team. This does not appear to me to be racialy equal. I am not a racist by any means, however I believe in treating everybody equally and these recruiting drives do not as they target a specific audience.

It all started years ago with the...it's not a MANHOLE, it's a PERSONHOLE and it's not a BLACKBOARD it's a CHALKBOARD rubbish. Since then it has progressively got worse and people are starting to ask questions.

People are in essense pack animals and will stay in their packs where they are comfortable with each other and their habits. Changes, some for the good, are being forced upon them and they are biting back.

Finished.......... for now!!

7. Just one question:
    If a blackboard is a chalkboard then what is a whiteboard?

8. A drywipe-marker board :D

9. Agreed the PC brigade have only themselves to blame for the rise of the BNP.

I read today that a school teacher has been suspended from his job because he is a candidate for the BNP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3666651.stm

I am uncomfortable that a person is dismised and demonised for his/ her opinions. Sounds Orwellian. Cast your mind back to the McCarthy witch Hunts of the 1950s. Would they sack a teacher if he was a member of the Communist Party? I have witnessed a riot orchestrated by the Anti Nazi League and frankly they are animals. THEY charged the Police and were throwing condoms full of urine at the Police ( the riot was organised by people in the crowd on mobiles). Thing is that the ANL were demonstrating against the BNP and all they did was demonstrate to the locals what dangerous, violent bigots they are and ironically strengthened the BNP's reputation in the area.

If people are voting for the BNP it is because they believe that their views are not reflected in the policies of other parties. People have th right to hold an express an opinion in our community. If that opinion is extreme, then it will be dismissed. The exception to this is when political leaders advocate violence ( Hasma is an example of this).

I also object to the ITD on morals ( can't remember it's proper title). I find it degrading to sit around in a circle like a fecking Soviet collective and debate morals. Soon we will have political officers in units to ensure we behave "correctly" and vote for the "right" party. It is an abuse of power for the Army to sit soldiers down and lecture them on what their opinions should be. As a result most of us see this ITD as a joke and all of the sessions I have attended have degenerated into a slanging match and on occaisions breaches of discipline.

Fundamentally though most PC arguements end up contradicting themselves anyway and that is why it will eventually fade ( i.e. it's cool to support the ANC, but you have to ignore the fact that they are murdering, thieving, corrupt bigots who look after themselves in the same way the old regime did).

As for the leadership of the Met Police, they are so concerned about appearing PC that they are losing it. If you are a white, heterosexual male, why would you join the Met ?

10. EXCELLENT post Hooch. I couldn't have put it better myself.

The council stated that "teachers were allowed to be members of a legal political party" - does that mean that the BNP isn't legal?? What makes a party legal?

11. Democracy is a fickle tool to be used correctly or it will burn your hand off!

Can't remember where I read that but it seems to be coming true. I put this thread out because PC really pisses me off and as for that ITD.. :evil: ..

The vast majority of personnel in the Forces aren't racist and there were enough rules before PC to stamp on racism if they were used properly.

However the swing to be more PC has and will force people to register a vote to BNP and other more radical parties to show their unhappiness at the main stream political parties to address this problem.

And as for multi-culturism! That has created ghettos of ethnic minorities and the rise of the British suicide bomber!

12. Agree with everything except the above, bit harsh

13. Harsh but true!

I can remember an article on the issue of multi-culturism and the fact that the muslim youth of today has grown up feeling apart from mainstream society and so in walks the radical Iman and delivers to him/her a sense of belonging via fundimentalism!

Even as far back as 1995 in Bosnia I remember reports about the Mujahadeen being full of Brit and Aussie muslims.

When I said multi-culturism, I mean the local government attitude of the time to placing all the ethnic minorities in one location and allowing them to become insular. Not making them feel part of the community and a sense of being British.

14. The teech had a website on which he amused himself by posting statements denying that the Holocaust ever happened...you wonder what history lessons were like. "Today kiddies, we will be learning about the glorious Waffen SS, why Germany lost the war, and why that was such a bad thing!" I dunno about "PC", I suspect a lot of people who would give that as a reason do because it's a respectable one.

15. The best way to deal with the BNP is to listen to them. Their views are by and large so bloody awful, and they peddle their petty hatreds so proudly that all but the really stupid bigots believe them.

The time to worry is when they get wise and start pretending to be all warm and cuddly and unthreatening after all it worked for Blair.