Political Advertising

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Auld-Yin, May 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The question is should Arrse be carrying political advterising. I mean the adverts for Euritas.eu which are currently on the site.

I realise that advertsing is important to the running of the site but I don't feel that ads which have political overtones should be on here. This is a site asking that people vote if they want a referendum so has a political overtone.

I welcome your views, although I will no doubt get some reall arrse type responses :x
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I may be wrong (and let’s face it, I probably am) but I don’t think the COs have a great deal of say over the automatically generated content (i.e. it’s not someone who directly sponsors the site)

It’s generated from the content of any given thread, which is why on one page you’ll get Euritas and on the other you’ll get Hot Asian Dating, or whatever.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think this is sponsored Sixty. It is on the Forums main page and in the adverts section on the left. I would like to be proven wrong though.
  4. There is an awful lot of political chat on this site so I suppose that it is inevitable that political adverts should crop up, I find them no more offensive than gay dating adverts and just about as useful.