Polishing/Engraving 155mm Cart Case????

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by commzmeanzbombz, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon Fellas,

Hope this is the right place to ask this............

Does anyone know of somewhere to get a 155mm Cartridge case polished up and engraved? Preferably around the Salisbury/Amesbury area and not too expensive! :?

I'm at Larkhill but the REME guys here aren't able to do them anymore.

Cheers in advance,

Commz :D

2. See your PMs. Got a contact for you.

3. Cheers Mate, PMs dont show up on my work computer so I will check when I get home,

Thanks again,

commz

4. Could you let me know too? I have a couple of Bosnia's finest that could do with a bit of upkeep!

5. I took mine to the local key engravers and he did it for me

6. A 155mm cartridge case? Surely you mean a 105mm cartridge case - or possibly a 152mm??

7. Think you mean a 105mm, 155 uses charge bags.

Buffing wheel on bench grinder, some jewelers rouge will bring up a good shine. You local garage should have the bench grinder, the buffing wheel and jewelers rouge isn't expensive. Talk nice to them, they might even have the wheel and rouge.
    https://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage.exe/ShowProduct?saleitemid=993830

Engraving, any place that can engrave on a sports cup trophy should be able to do a cart case.

8. Go to Avon Security in Amesbury (sp). It’s on the main high street.

They won't polish it up (just use brasso you lazy git! :wink: ) but they have a computerised engraving machine that will take any shape of item.

They do loads of mil statues and plaques.

I had them make up a load of EOD statues for presentation pieces.

PS

Don't forget to bribe your local Ammo Tech for a Free From Explosives Certificate. :D

9. Can't believe I put 155!!!!! It was late on a monday afternoon when i posted this!

Thanks for the replies fellas.

10. Ive sent you a PM Mate but for some reason they wont leave my out box?

Hopefully will get to you today!

11. It will not leave your outbox until it is read at the other end

12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Messages stay in your outbox until they are read. Oooh check me out I'm being helpful! 8)

13. I have taken it to a shop in Salisbury who will polish it up and engrave it for a tenner! Im picking it up next wednesday so I will let you know how it turns out, if its any good I will PM you the details.

They quoted me before they saw it so the price may change but if they are good to their word then what a bargain!!

14. Brasso? Whats Brasso? Im from the staybrite generation!! :D