Polish FM fears Russian attack, calls for American troops.

http://www.wbj.pl/article-47370-min...eassurances-from-the-us-and-nato.html?typ=ise

Polish Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski has said Central Europe needs “strategic reassurance” from Washington, and that NATO forces should be deployed in the region to highlight its importance to the alliance.
Mr Sikorski said he remains to be convinced about the US's commitment to Polish security, and has asked for a greater presence of troops in the region, as currently there are only six US soldiers deployed in Poland. He also noted that Russia and Belarus had recently held war games extremely close to Polish borders.

"If you had on the one hand 900 tanks, and on the other six troops, would you be convinced?" he asked.

When Poland joined NATO a decade ago, Russia was promised that no substantial NATO forces would be sent to the region, Mr Sikorski added.

“But nobody imagined at this time that no forces would be put in whatsoever,” he added. “And so this is, I think, the job that is going to need to be done.”
It's interesting that Western main-stream mass media don't report this news.

I have read it in the papers here, but still... Sorry Sergey, you guys are yesterday's news.

Blow up the Chrysler Building or something, then we'll pay attention.

But if Russia does kill even just six American soldiers the US will be obliged to react in some way or another. And an attack on Poland would be considered an attack on all of NATO irrespective of whether there happened to be any septics in the way at the time.

Rumpelstiltskin said:
I have read it in the papers here, but still... Sorry Sergey, you guys are yesterday's news.

Dear friend, would you be so kind to put here references to reputable news-sources (like BBC)?

Its OK, no need to call the US: we're all now part of the EU superstate, and our EU army can deal with any crisis* under the leadership of the soon-to-be-annointed President.

* Oh.... er..... so long as its not the naughty Russians threatening to turn off the gas taps to the Reich....

KGB_resident said:
Dear friend, would you be so kind to put here references to reputable news-sources (like BBC)?
It tells us something about the reputation of the modern BBC that they are being cited as a "reputable news-source" by our FSB intern!

I'm sure Ivan would not mind of a Brigade or two was sent to Poland.

Much.

Idrach said:
KGB_resident said:
It tells us something about the reputation of the modern BBC that they are being cited as a "reputable news-source" by our FSB intern!
Idrach, I sincerely believe that BBC is high quality news-source.

By the way, BBC-Russian places this news at the top. Moreover, it will be discussed with listeners today 5pm (8pm Moscow time).

Bravo_Bravo said:
I'm sure Ivan would not mind of a Brigade or two was sent to Poland.
... or to Kent to smuggle cigarettes.

Sergei

You are showing worrying signs of a sense of humour.

Kindly desist at once.

By the way a pack of Kent costs about 1 Pound here in Moscow.

4(T) said:
Its OK, no need to call the US: we're all now part of the EU superstate, and our EU army can deal with any crisis* under the leadership of the soon-to-be-annointed President.

* Oh.... er..... so long as its not the naughty Russians threatening to turn off the gas taps to the Reich....

Sadly, the EU would debate the issue, dither for a considerable period, then, ask NATO (the US) to take the lead. The EU would spend too much time on ROE, menus, health and safety considerations, and so on.

I suppose that if France or Germany were threatened, the EU would get excited.

And on the topic of the media...the BBC is starting to resemble CNN...a mouthpiece for the Obama administration, or global warming hoaxsters.

Rumpelstiltskin said:
KGB_resident said:
Rumpelstiltskin said:

As a story, it's just a follow-up to: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ussia-simulates-nuclear-attack-on-Poland.html
Thank you Rumpelstiltskin. However, it is not exactly what I asked for. It looks as the statement made by Polish FM about invitation of American troops goes unnoticed by main mass media.

The TA. Err.................

We (as in the EU) would annouce our unswerving support for Poland and condemnation of USSR for aggressive posturing.

Then when Ivan rolls over the boarder, the EU would do the square route of nowt.

Poland should learn from history!

And on the topic of the media...the BBC is starting to resemble CNN...a mouthpiece for the Obama administration, or global warming hoaxsters.

I'm glad someone else thinks so too! :wink:

History says the French would not be much use. They only seem to realise they have been invaded when they discover the enemy sipping coffee on the Champs Elysée!

Ruckerwocman said:

I'm glad someone else thinks so too! :wink:

I suspect there are a lot more of us who question the honesty and integrity of those selling global warming mythology...who on earth could possibly trust anything Al Gore says?

By his own admission, he invented the internet, he and his wife were the inspiration for the book and movie Love Story, and he stated Bill Clinton was USAs best ever president.