Polio Detected in London Sewage

So that's 15 million higher than the official number!
Or 62m greedy bastards eating 77m people's food.

Look around a typical city centre and tell me it's not plausible.

tgo

LE
If you add the ever growing amount of 'anti-vaxxers' into the mix, perhaps not now, but a little further down the line and then your herd immunity gets compromised.

Import the 3rd world, become the 3rd world.
I'm quite glad I'm the age I am, I don't want to see how shit it will be in another 40 years.

How would the panel proceed if it was found feasible to introduce poliomyelitis into the (fast) food chain ?
That's a trick question, right?

I will raise a glass to that in the Dr Snow pub.

A quick Google turns up a few cases every now and then imported into the UK then treated by the NHS.

Having a clean water supply has undoubtedly saved the UK from them becoming an epidemic.

I have no idea how well London's sewer system cope with millions of extra people living there.
Flushing sewage into streams and rivers does seem to be a thing now. Increasing the risks.

Untreated sewage should not go into waterways.

I did the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme course with Thames Water around 17, or 18 years ago. They did a show and tell tour for us just to give an idea of what they do and the process. The processes waste water goes through turns it from fertiliser grade liquid to drinkable water before it is released back into the wild. In fact on the tour after the last treatment process the bloke filled a paper cup up from the tap and drank down the treated water - all sparkly, cleaned and crystal clear.

A quick caveat on that though: Whilst water in the UK is classed as potable, fit for human consumption, I wouldn't. Since doing my plumbing course I have always had a 3 stage water filter connected in to clean my drinking and cooking water. Not because the water is manky, I use the filters to remove what they add in to the water to make it clean. That is to say potential chlorine and aluminium along with some other stuff.

Along with removing unwanted treatment chemicals you can never know what may accidentally end up in the water coming out of your tap. There is the odd bug/virus that forms in improperly cleaned equipment. They catch it quickly enough but, you never know if some lergi may end up coming out of your tap.

In the vilage I lived in I could always tell when the Fire Brigade had been checking the hydrants in the local villages. There was always a sandy, rusty, like deposit that would come out of the taps for a day, or so after wards.

Added to which; coffee and tea taste much better made with filtered water.

Last edited:

rmn

LE
The utilities and the supermarkets know. Everybody gotta eat, poop, and turn the lights on now and again. They let it slip around 2007 that the UK had an estimated 15 million illegals then. The government told them to STFU, and they have ever since. Don't know what the QPQ was.

Corrected date & number : TVM pc flaps
Can someone enlighten me as to how Supermarkets etc can know the immigration status of customers? I know loyalty cards say a lot about us but....

tgo

LE
Can someone enlighten me as to how Supermarkets etc can know the immigration status of customers? I know loyalty cards say a lot about us but....
They are not doing that, they are basing population size against food purchased, then comparing those numbers against the Census result.

rmn

LE

I did the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme course with Thames Water around 17, or 18 years ago. They did a show and tell tour for us just to give an idea of what they do and the process. The processes waste water goes through turns it from fertiliser grade liquid to drinkable water before it is released back into the wild. In fact on the tour after the last treatment process the bloke filled a paper cup up from the tap and drank down the treated water - all sparkly, cleaned and crystal clear.

A quick caveat on that though: Whilst water in the UK is classed as potable, fit for human consumption, I wouldn't. Since doing my plumbing course I have always had a 3 stage water filter connected in to clean my drinking and cooking water. Not because the water is manky, I use the filters to remove what they add in to the water to make it clean. That is to say potential chlorine and aluminium along with some other stuff.

Along with removing unwanted treatment chemicals you can never know what may accidentally end up in the water coming out of your tap. There is the odd bug/virus that forms in improperly cleaned equipment. They catch it quickly enough but, you never know if some lergi may end up coming out of your tap.

In the vilage I lived in I could always tell when the Fire Brigade had been checking the hydrants in the local villages. There was always a sandy, rusty, like deposit that would come out of the taps for a day, or so after wards.

Old locals down here in the Falklands speak of tea brewed with peaty local water used to taste especially good. Our water system here is getting so overloaded / old that the supply frequently goes off for several hours at a time.

rmn

LE
They are not doing that, they are basing population size against food purchased, then comparing those numbers against the Census result.
Still too many variables for my reckoning. Does this also take into account people legally visiting the UK?

This just appeared on my FB Timelime from the Telegraph, I don't think the general population are unaware of the probable cause.

fb.png

Not sure I would want to go for a swim.

As it says in the title, polio has been detected in the UK 38 years after the last case and 18 years after the UK was declared polio free.

It is believed that the virus was imported from abroad by someone who had recently received the live virus vaccine (the sugar cube that we had as kids) and may be mutating.

Surprised the compensation "if you've been involved in an accident" all-sorts aren't already over this

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This just appeared on my FB Timelime from the Telegraph, I don't think the general population are unaware of the probable cause.

View attachment 672271
This and TB. There used to be a Pakistani woman who would come to my gym and use the treadmills and cough... and cough... and cough...

Eventually one of the other gym members collared one of the managers and suggested very strongly that something needed to be done about it.

I've not seen her for a while. I genuinely hope she's okay. She was harmless and quite friendly. Nevertheless, if it was TB it fits with a certain demographic.

This latest polio thing? I've said it before. People in this country are getting adept at reading/watching the MSM and our national broadcaster and, like those in totalitarian states such as North Korea, understanding what's going on as a result of what's not said.

People aren't stupid. Nor are they racist for questioning or highlighting what goes on in some communities.

I do wonder at journalistic guidelines and what's being taught on journalism courses, though. That, or there's something very self-selecting about the journalistic field.

Londo

LE
I will raise a glass to that in the Dr Snow pub.

A quick Google turns up a few cases every now and then imported into the UK then treated by the NHS.

Having a clean water supply has undoubtedly saved the UK from them becoming an epidemic.

I have no idea how well London's sewer system cope with millions of extra people living there.
Flushing sewage into streams and rivers does seem to be a thing now. Increasing the risks.
Becton Sewage Treatment Works which was the largest treatment works in Europe was then hugely increased in size and capacity just a few years ago to cater for the increased amount of wastewater generated by East London .

Still too many variables for my reckoning. Does this also take into account people legally visiting the UK?
Yeah, it probably doesn't take that into account, so there's nothing to worry about then - phew, there was me thinking how under resourced we were, how busy everywhere seems, how crowded and ghettoed the cities are now, how the World's population has doubled in my lifetime, and unfettered immigration to the UK since the 90's, legal and illegal, but it was nothing but my imagination and possibly people legally visiting our little country for their annuals.

Last edited:
This'll be the same lot who have massively increased the TB cases in teh UK too.

Illegal Immigration! It's Great!
It's quite difficult to catch, but shit to deal with.
That sort of C19th disease really ought not to be proliferating in a 'modern country.
It;s horrible that it is.
One of my bosses, upper middle /upper class, got polio. A foul disease, which ought to be relatively simple to destroy, except for the ignorant and disruptive.

Awol

LE
I’m sure that when supermarkets and sewage companies estimated the population about ten years ago the figure was north of 90 million.

Incidentally the official version is that the population has little changed since 1985....

Latest Threads