Polio Detected in London Sewage

As it says in the title, polio has been detected in the UK 38 years after the last case and 18 years after the UK was declared polio free.

It is believed that the virus was imported from abroad by someone who had recently received the live virus vaccine (the sugar cube that we had as kids) and may be mutating.

Hairy-boab

War Hero
"It is likely to have come from countries using oral vaccination programmes, such as Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan, and health officials say it could be spreading in a small family community. "

Oh great, Covid, war in Ukraine, migration crisis, housing crisis, recession on the horizon..... Now we have polio in London.

2022 is a crap year.

This'll be the same lot who have massively increased the TB cases in teh UK too.

Illegal Immigration! It's Great!

Oh great, Covid, war in Ukraine, migration crisis, housing crisis, recession on the horizon..... Now we have polio in London.

2022 is a crap year.

You wait till cholera comes back to Broad Street.

With all the human imports arriving in an uncontrolled manner for the last 20+ years I am seriously surprised that there has not been a breakout of one, or two, other third world shithole nasties.

You wait till cholera comes back to Broad Street.

With all the human imports arriving in an uncontrolled manner for the last 20+ years I am seriously surprised that there has not been a breakout of one, or two, other third world shithole nasties.

I will raise a glass to that in the Dr Snow pub.

A quick Google turns up a few cases every now and then imported into the UK then treated by the NHS.

Having a clean water supply has undoubtedly saved the UK from them becoming an epidemic.

I have no idea how well London's sewer system cope with millions of extra people living there.
Flushing sewage into streams and rivers does seem to be a thing now. Increasing the risks.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

2022 is a crap year.

on the plus side, it's in London.

This'll be the same lot who have massively increased the TB cases in teh UK too.

Illegal Immigration! It's Great!

Not so much illegal immigration. They stopped, for example, the TB (BCG) vaccine in UK in 2005 but continued to give it to those schoolkids mainly from the sub continent as it is still rife there. These people are legal in UK and joining families already here. They also give it to those who live in areas where there is a high incidence and I'll leave you to guess where those areas are.

Unlike some countries, UK doesn't have a health test requirement to show you are disease free if joining families. US has quite a stringent health test to enter for those going to live there or who are refugees and includes a TB test.

Latest Threads