• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Policy Directive 16

Is a CR written soley by the sigs acceptable for an INT CORPS soldier?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not a darksider - don't care

• Total voters
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
i'm fairly sure that the "potential" paragraph gets as much attention on a board as the "promotion" one.

you've got tons of experience in both the army and private sector glad. do you really feel that the peter principle applies in the army? more or less so than civvystrasse? i've often wondered :)
I don't know if I can generalise too much - certainly, my limited civvy experience (nearly eight years now) suggests that wasters get zapped much more frequently than in a barracks-bound Army; equally, my green experience suggests that wasters get zapped pretty effectively on active service.

My general observation would be that the Army only really works as advertised on ops, where the bluffers and boot-bullers pretty much show up as not wanted on voyage and adding little to the aim of the exercise.

The Army nowadays is a fundamentally different beast to the one I served in - we spent a lot of time being cold and wet in German woods and dodging around doing this and that in NI and the Balkans, but nothing, absolutely nothing like the tempo and nature of ops you are dealing with this century. I would expect it to become rather more Darwinian in career terms for the wasters than was the norm in my time.

personally i think most in the reporting chain look at their troops as "would i accept this guy in the higher rank" and report on them accordingly. there aren't really that many that we think ought to be actively demoted to their previous rank, are there...? *ducks*

personally i think most in the reporting chain look at their troops as "would i accept this guy in the higher rank" and report on them accordingly. there aren't really that many that we think ought to be actively demoted to their previous rank, are there...? *ducks*
There was one chap in Germany in the late 80's who as a full screw got a "unsatisfactory in current rank" grading on his CR (E on the old scheme of things). He appealed and got it "upgraded" to a D which was merely "Poor". Shame because he was a decent bloke outside work-his career didn't last long.

devexwarrior said:
There was one chap in Germany in the late 80's who as a full screw got a "unsatisfactory in current rank" grading on his CR (E on the old scheme of things). He appealed and got it "upgraded" to a D which was merely "Poor". Shame because he was a decent bloke outside work-his career didn't last long.
i have known two people get an E-N, but they never went backwards that i'm aware of. the only people i've known to do so were those who got busted e.g. the lad who was the only private in the corps (outside training) for a while :)

I have the dubious pleasure of having an RA CO, and an R SIGS OC both of whom raise my part one and two. The part three is completed by the SO1 INT CORPS (or at least has been for the past three years). This sanity check is vital IMHO as perceptions vary from Regiment to Corps.

Not that I'm worried,If I ever get boarded again, I will either gladly show my Arrse in Harrods window on a Saturday or I will stop dressing up as a pirate!

In a past life I was the adjt of a joint unit, with other int bods on the base whose RO1 and 2 were crab and navy. We ensured that all our guys had a nominated corps RO3 and it was his responsibility to get to know the soldiers and report on them properly to add the corps context (and to help the other ROs).

The 3rd RO system works well if it is organised properly and the named officer gets their admin and priorties right.