Policing in Northern Ireland wobbling again.

I wonder how much this is contributing to unrest. Blatantly we do have some form of economic and customs border in The Irish Sea.

So if I understand you correctly PSNI policy if attacked by a hostile crowd is to a) take casualties then b) withdraw if the crowd continue to attack?

The threshold for using AEP is now much higher than it used to be. This was a reaction to the repeated attempts to ban them completely. Now a police commander has to show that they tried everything else that could be tried first and there were no options left other than AEP. It's been like that for roughly 20 years now.

Another way to look at it is now they have to send meat where we used to send plastic, with correspondingly higher casualty rates.

So if I understand you correctly PSNI policy if attacked by a hostile crowd is to a) take casualties then b) withdraw if the crowd continue to attack?
No. There’s a high threshold before AEP will be likely authorised but there’s other tactical options that can and are used. Additional resources like i mentioned for one. Offensive vehicle and foot tactics etc

JCC

LE
No. There’s a high threshold before AEP will be likely authorised but there’s other tactical options that can and are used. Additional resources like i mentioned for one. Offensive vehicle and foot tactics etc
I'm still unconvinced that any force could sustain the level of casualties seen in NI or Bristol - with or without reinforcements. If rioters can't be kept at a distance then they will eventually break or outflank the shield wall.

I'm still unconvinced that any force could sustain the level of casualties seen in NI or Bristol - with or without reinforcements. If rioters can't be kept at a distance then they will eventually break or outflank the shield wall.

When you are looking at these numbers it doesn't necessarily mean unconscious or seriously injured casualties being dragged out of the line. The way the police system works is that they list all injuries. So someone that was able to continue for the rest of that operation and go on duty again the next day is also on that list.

Some of them will be off on the sick until they recover, but not all of them.

Next thing you know they will have a Church of Ireland Bishop cleaning up the Catholic church in Dublin.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.... :) Ironically I think they have. I have a number of Christian friends in Ireland. Catholic. went over to COI because they still wanted to worship the sky pixie. That was the nearest they were comfortable with. Good old Henry VIII. His legacy lives on. :rolleyes::rofl:

Most simple explanation is that there are effectively three authorisations. All of which require relevant “permission” from senior management (Superintendent and above, depending on which authorisation). 1. Carriage, allowing them to be signed out and carried in vehicle lock box. 2. Deployment, allowing the user to kit up and carry it. 3. Use. Steps 1 and 2 can/are given fairly easily if the circumstances allow. Option 3 is much harder to get authority for. There needs to be a serious and immediate risk of injury. Even then senior commanders will try and exhaust any other avenues, such as deployment of additional resources, extracting officers etc before they’ll authorise its use. Last rounds fired I believe were just under Derry’s walls about 2-3 years ago. The Twitter footage i posted of the unit advancing, to be honest because they’ve the scrotes on the back foot and on the run, authorisation would be unlikely there. I’d imagine had they been stood static and receiving that level of violence AND they’d no other tactical options (including extracting from area) then it’s possible use if AEP may have been given.
Could they not bring in..(Im trying to think of the word to describe a collective of lawyers) Answers on a post card.. Have them witness an announcement declaring that a water cannon will spray indelible ink in 5 minutes. anyone so marked by it will be arrested for riotous assembly. do it, then withdraw. Let the scrotes then continue to destroy their own community. Then pick them up and prosecute when seen. Signing on at the DSS day might be a good opportunity to get a few...

Rioting now on the Lanark Way/Springfield Rd interface.
Bus burnt out on the Shankill..petrol bombed whilst it was driving past the Lanark Way/Shankill Rd junction.

The interface gates at the Springfield Road end of Lanark Way have been closed.

Rival crowds also on West Circular Road and Springfield Rd, on up the Springfield Rd from Lanark Way, another interface area. Peelers have closed the road off to traffic.

Only a matter off time before the interfaces started to kick off.

Hopefully East Belfast continues to stay quiet.. kids here will be told to **** off from the interface if they try to congregate.

Any passengers on it? Hope they and the driver are ok.
Driver seems to have been the only person on the bus by the looks of the videos on twitter. Idiotic.

Hope he's ok.
Seems like the petrol bomb was put through a window behind him. At least 5 landrovers were behind the bus with blues and two's on, when the bus was hit, I'd say he got out ok.

Peelers are getting hammered on the Springfield Rd from Nationalist youths at the minute by the looks of it.

Peelers are getting hammered on the Springfield Rd from Nationalist youths at the minute by the looks of it.
These two wee beauties want to get out in front of the Police riot shields and tell the wee scrotes from their own communities to go home. Start showing some 'leadership'. :rolleyes:
1617824024453.png

These two wee beauties want to get out in front of the Police riot shields and tell the wee scrotes from their own communities to go home. Start showing some 'leadership'. :rolleyes:
View attachment 563467
Michelle O'Neill was on twitter condemning the trouble on the Shankill side of the interface..

Whilst Spike Murray, Senior Belfast PIRA (photo on twitter) is on the Springfield Rd watching Nationalists rioting..couldn't make it up.