Policewoman shot during Belfast rioting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spanish_Dave, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Scrape the surface Dave and its still the same old craphole.
  3. it was apprantly a shotgun so possibly the bad guys can't get hold of there preferred toys?
  4. THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS IN ULSTER, got that, St Tony told me
  5. That's not quite true,Cyclops told me he told St.Tony to say that,and the Prince of Darkness was his witness!
  6. Sad situation...
  7. I doubt that it would take too many more incidents to tip one side or the other over the edge and then it all goes downhill... Again! :(

I hope not but its a forelorn hope by the look of things in the past year or two.
  8. Crumlin Rd blocked by "residents" at Ardoyne shopfronts, hi-jacked bus at Woodbourne,hi-jacked train plus petrol bombs in Lurgan, going to be a fun night for the TSGs.
  9. It's like it's happening in another country...
  10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Normalisation at it's finest

11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Well I've just got back from an excellent day out in South Down, good policing no trouble at all. I don't think I'll go up to Belfast for a night out though.
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Seemed normal enough to me. Bastards had a speed trap at the bottom of the Holywood Rd at 16.30.
  13. All quiet in lisburn/hillsborough area,even the local pissheads are heading home.
  14. I hear that's not much of a problem in the 6C, plenty of weaponry about down South where the long rifles of RIRA live and folks defecting from PIRA retained plenty of resources.

This was a relatively minor series of riots and not that well organised by Belfast standards, the PSNI being shot at isn't really that remarkable in such circumstances. That a shotgun was used and there was no fatality suggest some no mark on their third six pack.
  15. The train wasn't hijacked, it's away an' all. Why the fuck didn't the PSNI plug the cunt with the shotgun?

POLITICALLY SENSITIVE is the answer.

And the protesters at the Ardoyne shopfronts only turn out as they know the watercannon's coming - they get their annual bath, whether they need it or not.