Police Woman shot in Nottingham

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Feb 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

After midnight,25 year old Probationary Policewman Rachael Bown,was shot & seriously injured while ttending a burgulary call in the Linton Area of Nottingham.
    She was wearing body armour but was shot in the lower abdomen.
    She is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
    Get well Rachael.
    God speed,
    Spike

2. Best wishes to Rachel and her family. Hope you get well soon.

3. Why has Nottingham go so bad? Best wishes to Rachel, get well soon

4. There is a big gun culture in Nottm. Without being accused of racism I point out the large ethnic West Indian population, and contrast it with the large ethnic Sub Continent population in nearby Leicester.

5. Get well soon Rachel. I,ve said it before & I,ll say it again.... This country is on a very,very slippery slope.

Best wishes LT.

6. I hope Rachels recovery is speedy!

I read she was shot in the lower abdomen, so body armour would probably not have helped but I would guess that the body armour she was wearing was only stab resistance and not ballistic resistance(?)

So much for gun control, only the lawful have suffered by the ban's.

7. Good luck girl.

8. Bad news, but sadly not so shocking any more. Best wishes to Rachael for a full and speedy recovery and my thoughts are with her colleagues who still have to police the area.

9. You are quite correct the 2 main areas of Nottingham that have the most firearms offences are predominantly West Indian, this is due to the large drug problem centred on these areas. This is not racism, it's fact.

There are so many gun related incidents in Nottingham, they don't usually make the front page of the local press.

Nottingham is one the few cities outside London, that have, in the past had armed Police foot patrols in certain areas.

The most disturbing part of this is that the person shot was a uniformed officer & that incident took place in an area not normally associated with gun crime.

10. Unfortunately this is the start of things to come, for example there are under sixteen’s carrying blank firers or BB in order for them to carry out crime. So as these individuals get older they progress onto more serious crime and start carrying real firearms.

I do not pretend to have the answers, but what I do know is the little gobsh1tes need to know they if your gripped by the long arm of the law, then you are going to get a right good kicking.

This is not what is happening n this day and age.

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Always annoying the news, 'wearing body armour' Should be 'wearing a stab resistant jacket'

All the best and get well.

12. Get well Racheal, and please remeber, the govt took all of the nasty guns away from everybody, so we should all be safe now. Ooops.

13. Wishing you a speedy recovery Rachael.

14. Indeed.

Their vest is not bullet proof. Most pistol cartridges will sail straight through it.

Firearms training and experience wouldn't have helped this police officer, however the police in general, imo, could do with more in-depth training regarding firearms and what to do etc.

Some bobbies on our streets haven't got a clue what to do when confronted by an armed suspect. "run away and call CO19 (or [insert current ARU name here])" isn't a good doctrain for the police to use.

I hope Rachel makes a speedy recovery. Alas, I don't believe this will stop or end. The time when a police officer's death was a shock and a tragedy has been and gone--if society continues, seeing coppers being murdered will become a daily occurance. 10 years ago, i'd be shocked to hear that a thug has shot a copper, nowadays I just shrug it off "it's bound to happen".

15. Get well soon Rachel.