Police violently disperse protest at Russian mine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011865648_apeurussiamineblast.html?syndication=rss

Raspadskaya coal mine is controlled by Cyprus firm that in turn is controlled by Luxemburg based EVRAZ group that in turn is controlled by two Cyprus firms that...

The main own is... surprise... mr.Abramovich. Maybe you have heard about him.

By the way

http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2010-05-13/23334/Russian_oligarch_buys_villa_in_Vienna

2. Ok but what has Mr Abramovitch mines got to do with an unofficial British army site?

3. It is a good question. I believe that a good British soldier should be intelligent, polite, well educated. He (or she) should be well aware about current political events in the World.

I hope, you dear friend agree that rude beer drinking chav who is not interested in World politics unlikely could be a good soldier in HM armed forces.

Also, taking into accout that mr.Abramovich is one of the richest persons in the UK, it would be interesting for our friends to learn about the source of his money earned on blood of Russian coal miners.

By the way, are you a Kremlin's agent placed here to defend moron Putin and his gang of thieves?

Edited to add. BBC-Russian asked the listeners about their reaction to the tragedy in the coal mine. I blamed mr.Abramovich as the main owner. My posts were not published (were not passed moderation).

Is the BBC under (full or partial) control of mr.Abramovich? I would not be surprised.

4. I admire Putin, he's a strong leader, doesn't take any shit.

Do you really think anybody in Britain cares about some Russian miners? Is there a massive outcry over the 11 dead oilrig workers in the Gulf of Mexico? More people are giving BP a hard time over the wildlife than they are over humans.

edited to put an R in stong

5. I see. Thank you for your answer.

6. Putins an awful leader and has almost singlehandedly dragged Western-Russian relations back to the the bad old days of the Cold War. As well as 'possibly' (for the lawyers) organising or at least allowing the murders of dozens of Russian journalists who were critical of his regime and its allies. He's massively undermined the genuine democracy that had started to appear in Russia by seizing Russian newspapers and TV channels and simply closing down those who won't play nicely. Not to mention the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.

7. So he's a strong leader that doesnt take any shit then?

8. Is that good on its own merits? Adolph fitted that description.

9. In the same way as Mugabe yes. But considering Russia has substantial domestic problems he'd do them more favours trying to sort them out rather than picking fights with the West like its 1980.

10. Russian TV (state run Rossia24 news channel) don't mention the riots and actions by riot police.

Meanwhile 6 policemen were injured. 20 protesters detained. BBC-Russian also keeps silence bout these events.

The protesters demand Putin to visit the city of Mezhdurechensk. As a 'strong' leared he keeps silence.

Sorry, new information on BBC-Russian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/russian/rolling_news/2010/05/100515_rn_raspaskaya_boss.shtml

Direction of the coal mine was ordered not to leave the city of Mezhdurechensk. Again, no one word on BBC-Russian about violent clashes.

So does indeed mr.Abramovich control or influence BBC?

11. The BBC seems to be slow with the news (disappointingly so with the election results a few days ago). They also seem to have lost their 'edge' along with a lot of left-wing staff after the Berlin Wall came down. I think these are related. So from your choice that just leaves Mr. Abramovich. I cannot comment as I have never met the gentleman, but I think there may be another option. We had a big miners strike some years ago, so I don't think we will notice a small incident at a foreign coal mine. If you have 6 miners trapped underground, that is news. If 6 foreign miners get arrested in their own country for whatever I doubt if we would ever be interested.

Please keep making the posts though. I would rather have too much information about Russia than none at all, and I worry that sooner or later Mr. Putin will silence you too.

12. So did Stalin. I didnt say Putin was nice or a good man. I said he was a strong leader.

13. I reckon Russia is in better shape now than it was when he took over. Is there any reason he should let the west do as they please in states that border his country? The Russians have just managed to extend the lease on the naval base in the Ukraine in exchange for cheaper gas, maybe the west should have offered a bigger bribe.

15. Looking to enlarge NATO and the EU for example. Both could be a threat to Russia. Do you think he gives a shit that we might think he's undemocratic? Do you think he values the wests opinion when he tries to influence neighbouring countries? We need Russian gas more than they need our money, otherwise why haven't the west told him to poke his gas up his arse? Do you think anyone important cares about how he runs his country so long as he keeps selling the west gas and oil?
    The public in the UK willing voted for Labour 3 times in a row, was it because we were in better shape domestically? You might not like the bloke but then I'm sure he's not really that bothered what you think because you are not going to do anything about it, much like the rest of the West.