Police trap criminals with free beer offer.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dwarf, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hehe! I heard this reported on the radio on Sunday morning - brilliant. The only snag now is that they won't be able to do it again.
  2. Just shows how stupid they are.
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Where do I sign up?
  4. There have been similar police stings in the past involving "please collect your raffle prizes" & "free concert tickets".

Needless to say the scam worked and Billy the Burglar was almost shocked out of his white trainers when plod turned up at the venue.
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Never underestimate the stupidity of criminal tossers.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. It's only the stupid ones that get caught in the first place,so no surprise these planks thought they were getting something for nothing. ;-).Let's be honest,they probably had feck all else to do,it's not like they would have been at work is it?

Nice touch by the old bill.
  7. Queensman, oh ye of little faith. Never underestimate the stupidity and gullibility as well as greed of the criminal classes. It will work again, OB just needs to wait a bit.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. How ******* awesome would it be if the jock police managed to pull of the same stunt by offering crims porridge?
  9. Well, it was in the Telegraph. I can't imagine any of the likely targets read that on a regular basis...
  10. Fiendish flat footed pointy headed bastards........thinking about it, thats how the recruiting office got my ******* signature........
    • Like Like x 2
  11. In the pre PC world that we look fondly back on, my wife was a fraud investigator for the Benefits Agency and they were encouraged to get to know the detectives at their local station.

If plod were looking for a local villain who had "vanished" they could give her a ring and she would withhold their Giro's, giving them warning to be outside at such a time to nab said scrote.....
  12. I am from North Derbyshire and I note the Chesterfield Plod used beer as the prize.

In Buxton and the surrounding areas they would have achieved greater results by using SHEEP as the prize.
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Cracking idea. Sign everybody off the dole every six months and require them to re-sign on a certain date. Back room full of rozzers who may want a quiet chat with one or two deadbeats.
    • Like Like x 1