Police to wear ribbons to show support for Muslims.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nick78, Aug 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "COPS were issued with green ribbons yesterday — in a show of support for Muslims."

Errr does anyone else think this seems completely stupid and is just going to open up a complete can of worms based on, if they have a green one for Muslims will they also have a yellow one for soldiers in Iraq, pink for breast cancer, black ones I have seen, white ones, red ones, they will soon run out of room. Postitive discrimination can only ever single out a group for more abuse.
  2. It's customary, even polite, to quote a source for stuff like this.
  3. Both the Telegraph and the Times are covering it V.......but your quite right it is only polite.
  4. I believe skinheads used to wear different coloured laces to show their..ahem.support..for other groups??
  5. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/4144368.stm

Interesting that this is the same Chief Constable that was facing the sack because of his inability to properly investigate murders in his force area. Cosying back up to the Home Office, boss?

Nice one. No pressure there, then.

6. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/nottinghamshire/4144368.stm

Great, the police show favouritism to one section of the community, the section of the community who have committed mass murder.

Did the police have to wear support catholics ribbons when the IRA were bombing, of course not.

I now expect the police to wear a ribbon showing support for white infidels who are feeling threatened by muslim bombers.
  7. What does it prove? I like to wear a nurses uniform every now and then.........and I don't work for the NHS. Come to think of it......I'm not even a nurse.
  8. What about people of other faiths who may be mistaken to be Muslims and suffer abuse? They probably feel not only "intimidated and sometimes ostracised by racist incidents" but offended at being taken to be Muslim: what gesture of support are the police going to show them? And if, as Mr Green said, "We have a huge number of Muslim citizens in Nottinghamshire who are just going around trying to do their everyday business..." Why not issue a black ribbon to show support for Londoners who were murdered whilst "just going around trying to do their everyday business"? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :evil:
  9. Each one holds an extra couple of 9mm magazines.
  10. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Argh umm "It's customary, even polite, to quote a source for stuff like this.

Well, link please BAB? :D
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Didn't Sinn Fein ask its members to wear green ribbons to show "support for republican political prisoners" ?

(I know that they were/are murdering terrorist scum)
  12. Apologies for not quoting a source! It was infact taken from the sun online.
  13. Next we will have a special ribbon in Remembrance of suicide bombers, this is a sick PC country 8O
  14. Bloody hell!
    The police are supposed to be impartial, showing no favouritism to a particular group.
    This stinks of positive discrimination and shouldn’t be allowed. We should all be equal in the eyes of the police.

Is there any significance to the colour green with Muslims or did cuntstable Steve Green choose the colour in an effort to highlight that it was his idea???

Lets hope the average beat bobby sees through this PC terd and stays impartial.

At least there’s someone out there with his brain in gear.
    Well done that man.
  15. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Apparently green is of great significance to the muslim community, because it was the colour of the prophet Mohamed's (spelling) cloak.

As an example, Saudia Arabia is home to the two most holy sites in Islam (Mecca and Medina), the Saudi flag, is green with the quote "there is no God but God, and Mohamed is his prophet" written upon it.