Police to provide compasses for Muslim cons.

Some forces have,according to the Express,painted the direction arrow on the cell ceilings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

Norfolk Police Authority put forward the plan in its Custody Visitors Committee report, following a trial at Bethel Street Police Station in Norwich where compass points correctly aligned were painted on the ceilings of cells.

The report states: "The painted compasses on the ceilings at Bethel Street will be replicated across the rest of the county.

"However further guidance has been received and in future small compasses will be issued to those detainees who request them."

The custody suite at the force's King's Lynn Station is the next in line to be redecorated.

Insp Colin Williamson said: "We have responsibilities to ensure that everyone detained has their specific needs met whether they are unable to read, visually impaired or a vulnerable young person.

"Whereever possible custody staff facilitate any reasonable request in respect of religious considerations.'

Risk assessments are to be carried out before each compass is issued.

Mecca, in Saudi Arabia, is a focal point for all Muslims and the centre of Islamic pilgrimage, the Hajj, visited by more than 2 million followers every year.

Why on earth would they need a compass?

The big arrow on the roof/"Mecca this way" sign should be sufficient.

Then we don't have to bother with "risk assesments" for the cons.

To make it easy we'll bang a bucket in there too, then they can sh1t/p1ss/vomit which ever way they want, in any location.

ringdoby said:
Will the compass not be affected by any metalwork in the area, or do cells no longer have bars and doors?
Oh fun, again, can I now explain how it works?

Do Muslims instinctively know the bearing to Mecca, will they require training to use the compass or will it just be a case of "direction 1600, pray for effect"?

The report states: "The painted compasses on the ceilings at Bethel Street will be replicated across the rest of the county.
Good idea.

"However further guidance has been received and in future small compasses will be issued to those detainees who request them."
Why? It's already painted on the ceiling.

Yeah. Not a bad idea. It's not as if Gideons never get a look in, so why not? It's just a painted arrow.

I know Norwich quite well, do they mean the Mecca on the Aylsham Road near the chippie? That's more sort of North East of Bethel Street

Invictus_88 said:
Yeah. Not a bad idea. It's not as if Gideons never get a look in, so why not? It's just a painted arrow.
Do Gideons provide bibles in police cells as well? I never knew that.

A compass?

Can't the just ask allah directly for instructions on which way to face?

Whilst re-decorating the cell, can they make sure that the toilet is in the same corner that they are are praying to? FFS, this kind of thing makes my piss boil, why do we have to keep pandering to the whims of this religion ?
Would I be allowed a goat to sacrifice if I ws a Satanist ?

they dont need a compass, a plane ticket would do just fine

of course i'm refering to all cons, i would like either australia or newzealand if possible, compass not required

If they were good practicing muslims then they shouldn't be in a cell in the first place.....surely crime is against the holy writings, or is it still a case of if the cap fits I'll scream racial harrassment.... gas the feckers...problem solved....oooooh I fecking hate them

saintstone said:
You ask for the goat, I'll have a word with the screw about the virgin.

i suggested this many moons ago and got ignored, which is a shame cos I would have nailed my Race and diversity competency on the guvners boards..........

B

Biscuits_AB

medman82 said:
If they were good practicing muslims then they shouldn't be in a cell in the first place.....surely crime is against the holy writings, or is it still a case of if the cap fits I'll scream racial harrassment.... gas the feckers...problem solved....oooooh I fecking hate them
Just as well you don't work for the police then isn't it? You don't work for the police do you?

Once the compasses have been issued, will they need somebody to explain "mag to grid"?

saintstone said:
Whilst re-decorating the cell, can they make sure that the toilet is in the same corner that they are are praying to? FFS, this kind of thing makes my piss boil, why do we have to keep pandering to the whims of this religion ?
Actually I understand from an architect friend that toilets and the orientation thereof can be a major issue for practising moslems. He was designing a home for a moslem family and all toilets had to be located so that the user woulld be sideways on to Mecca as it is contrary to the Koran to either face Mecca or be back to Mecca while using a toilet. Not sure if his clients were some odd sect of Islam or not. He was told by his clients that all Muslims believe this.

As to your request for the goat, are you sure that your interest is not in a young, nubile goat?