Police target driving loopholes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forget about those books you see advertised in Sunday papers to avoid points on your license!

Read here!
  2. I heard that they will train officers to effect a watertight case against the offenders. This is an effort to cut the waste of resources when the cases get thrown out on a technicality!
  3. good there not talking about picking on innocent motorists
    re couples if the car was clocked over the limit and they can't or won't remember do them both
    man utd refused to say who was driving one of there cars over the speed limit
    its the law don't like it don't break it simple
  4. So the Police are making a special effort to enforce the law - why didn't they do the job correctly in the first place. If they did, then the law is at fault so what's the point ?
  5. bound to happen, exploit a loophole, and eventually it will be closed
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

No matter how thorough you put together a case, the CPS will sabotage it.
  7. Enforcing the law?......

Shame they ain't so keen on enforcing it against the real crimninals....

Attached Files:

8. I'd love to know how many hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money, and how many hundreds of personnel it is costing the police to target the dozen motorists who legally wriggle out of these speeding fines.

It's not like they have anything better to do I suppose.
  9. Well said....when are they going to get their priorities right and stop picking on the soft targets :evil:
  10. If there are "legal" loopholes, how are the police going to create a water-tight case against motorists without changing the law?
  11. I personally would be most greatful if the money spent, was focussed purely on the celebs in their souped up cars doing 100+ on the motorway claiming they thought they were being chased, and then hire a sleazy lawyer and get of scott free.

Make an example of them!
  12. It's loop holes like making sure the speed camera was calibrated that day, the correct procedure was adhered to, the paperwork filled out properly etc etc.

simple little things, that can be used to wriggle out...
  13. Tough.

If the police are happy to enthusiastically prosecute have-a-go grannies who stand up against little sh1tes, because it is the letter of the law that 'must be upheld', not the spirit of the law, then they should be prepared to take it on the chin when people use the letter of the law to wriggle out of speeding fines.
  14. cos the police are soft.
    and thats all they know.
  15. Agreed. The 'Establishment' and especially the judicial arm of the state lost the right to expect so-called fair play from us from the moment they chose to ignore the man on the Clapham omnibus.