Police suspend use of all laser speed guns

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cow, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

... in Kent

Petrol heads

MCN

Should be interesting, will all previous convictions and fines be overturned should the review not allow the continued use of the devices?

This hasn't been confirmed in the National Press, or on the Kent Police website but should be interesting to keep an eye on.

Edit to add: BBC take on it Seems they've just read the same websites, nothing really new.

2. I would say that if you returned the slip admitting that you where at fault you would have no chance of overturning a previous conviction, but if you denied it in the first place....

Be interesting to see what the review says.

3. I don't think it's a case of admitting you were at fault will preclude your chance of redress if the system throws this open to claim. People (like me of course) may doubt that they were speeding but put complete faith in the system and trust that the detectors are properly calibrated. Therefore they must have been speeding! :D

Question is; can the system afford to reimburse everyone? That is alot of revenue retrieved and already spent. It will also throw open the question of the ability to claim back the extra increase in your insurance policy. Norwich Union spanked me when I hit 9 points.

4. Some of the guns have been band agaist bikes for about a year. Ride mag clocked a bike doing about 100mph with one model. The thing was the bike was still will no rider on it.

5. Hell im waiting for my renewal - 6 points racked, 2-week ban and a revocation coupled with a re-test!