Police slot silly sod near Halifax.

There is a butcher in Porlock who makes the finest pasties I have ever tasted.
The man from Porlock who buggered up Coleridge's Kubla Khan? If he had a quality pastie that would explain a lot

'In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree
Where Alph the sacred... Ooh pastie, num num num, bugger!'

BBC story today. Tells some but not all of the story if much of what has been reported on this thread is to be believed:

How did my sleepy hometown become a violent crime hotspot?
Hmm:

I saw first-hand the role young British Pakistani men were playing in the West Yorkshire heroin trade. According to one source, it was quite common for dealers to go straight from selling drugs, over to their local mosque, then back out on the street after prayer to carry on their business. I even heard anecdotes about wholesale heroin prices going up around the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as dealers put their business on ice...

...One of the worst things I heard was that some people justified selling drugs because their customers weren’t Muslim. “In the Hadith [a major source of religious law and moral guidance for Muslims] it pretty much says that if they’re not Muslim you don’t have to respect them,” a dealer, who knew Yassar, told me. “You don’t have to do for them as you do for your brothers and sisters 'cos they're people not of God.”
"Religion of Peace" & "fellow believers in the same God" & all that shit...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Nowt to figure, is there?

I have a few friends from various 'lively' estates on Tyneside/Teesside and in South London. Generally, none of them can ring extended family and organise the import of pharmaceuticals. They're nth generation British.

As you say, work that out...
Exactly and in South Yorkshire again in that huge area they mentioned we see Somalian migrants dealing, machete carrying chums, God love them. Lot of gangs of Black people also and our new Roma-Slovak gypsey friends. Then chuck in some Latvians and Lithuanians and it all makes for peace and tranquility.

Hmm:

"Religion of Peace" & "fellow believers in the same God" & all that shit...
Muslims do not think that the kuffir are the same as them, they're looked down on. That's why these people have no problem with selling drugs to kuffirs.

When it mentions the % of Pakistani people in Yorkshire and Humberside, let’s not forget that Yorkshire is the largest county in the U.K. and they’ve tagged on the Humber. Both areas huge rural areas, so it can be fair to say it’s the towns and cities with large Pakistani communities. Same as Birmingham they’ve the best Heroin in the country and Pakistan has lots of Heroin, work that out...
Living in N.Yorkshire, S & W Yorkshire are not different counties but different countries.

The drug dealing again is a symptom of the blind eye being used by authorities for the fear of being accused of racism. 2/3 rd generation Pakistanis have been allowed to and still do get away with murder.

Living in N.Yorkshire, S & W Yorkshire are not different counties but different countries.

The drug dealing again is a symptom of the blind eye being used by authorities for the fear of being accused of racism. 2/3 rd generation Pakistanis have been allowed to and still do get away with murder.
Is it the fear of racism, or a calculated move to appease a voting bloc?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In the case of law, order and crime I think more likely the racism, however how much sway would 1 community have over the election of the PCC?
If postal votes are permitted...

In the case of law, order and crime I think more likely the racism
...which can be politically motivated from on high. Our lords and masters can effectively dictate what is and isn't racism. To most people, the equal application of law isn't racist. However, if those above decide for whatever reason that any criticism of a particular group or ethnicity is beyond bounds, that's different - something which is in reality fair is labelled racism.

A robust response to spurious accusations of racism would tell people very quickly that they weren't going to get away with it. That was lacking for a long time, and particularly while one major party was in power. The reason? The promise of votes.

how much sway would 1 community have over the election of the PCC?
Have you seen the ethnic make-up of local councils in some of the mill town areas? A fair bit, I would suggest.

No, they're two very different things.

Edited to change ‘partner’ to ‘particular’.

Last edited:
The disagree, is because they aren't the same. They may well both be present in an individual, but not always. There are many reasons for the betrayal of our values we've seen from those in a position to do something about it, who failed to act. Conflating them all is simplistic and lazy thinking, and almost lets them off the hook in terms of burrowing into why it was permitted to happen.

The disagree, is because they aren't the same. They may well both be present in an individual, but not always. There are many reasons for the betrayal of our values we've seen from those in a position to do something about it, who failed to act. Conflating them all is simplistic and lazy thinking, and almost lets them off the hook in terms of burrowing into why it was permitted to happen.
I appreciate the explanation.

Broadly I’d agree but in this particular instance, there is a clear race aspect that was (and is) being ignored in a deliberate attempt to not upset that particular section of the population. That deliberate act was visited upon us by a political party that was aware, and admitted as much, of the damage to it would do to their support from that same section of the population.

In this case there is a defined, admitted and disgraceful link ergo, Same Difference.

BBC story today. Tells some but not all of the story if much of what has been reported on this thread is to be believed:

How did my sleepy hometown become a violent crime hotspot?
Thanks for that, I've just started watching it. Grim stuff, but you could make a similar proigramme about drug-fueled violence in numerous formerly-decent towns in the UK.

The protesters nailing up 'Justice for Yasssar' banners at the site of the shooting forgot to bring a hammer, but luckily they had a baseball bat with them.
Justice.jpg

Is baseball a popular sport amongst the Pakistani community in Huddersfield? I never knew.

Or is this just a thick twat?