here
The Scotsman said:
Police 'should pursue terror suspects into mosques'
JAMES KIRKUP POLITICAL EDITOR
Government's terror-law watchdog urges further communication
Moves comes after man under control order escapes police in mosque
Lord Carlile also questions entire system of control orders

Key quote
"Anyone knowingly giving shelter from legal obligations has a clear civic duty to facilitate compliance with the law. If they do not do so, they will have little cause for complaint if police enter their premises." - LORD CARLILE

Story in full POLICE should be more willing to enter mosques or other places of worship when pursuing terrorist suspects, the government's terror-law watchdog urged yesterday.

The recommendation follows the case of an accused terrorist who escaped after police decided not to follow him into a mosque. He remains on the run.

Lord Carlile, the lawyer who acts as independent assessor of terrorism legislation, also had stern words for Muslim faith leaders, insisting that they have a "clear civic duty" to co-operate with the security services.

His report follows high-profile counter-terrorism cases that have led some Muslims to claim the British government is discriminating against them.

In the case which prompted the call, a British Muslim was under a government-imposed control order, restricting his movements, because ministers judged that he posed a threat to national security.

People under such orders are closely monitored by the police, but the 26-year-old man - who cannot be identified for legal reasons - escaped after entering a Manchester mosque last month. He is understood to have absconded while police following him remained outside.

Some reports have suggested that mosque elders refused to allow officers to enter the building and that the man escaped while the two sides negotiated.

Three men were later arrested in connection with the case, but the 26-year-old himself remains at large. Intelligence reports suggested he was planning to travel abroad to undertake terrorist training. Since escaping, he is believed to have fled to Pakistan.

Lord Carlile insisted that the leaders of the Manchester mosque had done nothing wrong. But he said that the case "raises questions about how generally to approach sensitive issues such as presence in a mosque, church or other place of worship".

The watchdog's recommendation is that officers should routinely enter mosques in pursuit of control-order suspects they believe may be attempting to escape. "The straightforward approach would be to make it clear that if 'controlees' are in breach of anything other than minor aspects of conditions, the police will pursue them after allowing them a short time to emerge voluntarily," Lord Carlile wrote in a report to ministers, published yesterday.

Some reports have suggested that mosque elders refused to allow officers to enter the building and that the man escaped while the two sides negotiated.
I hope these mosque elder ar*eholes were arrested for obstruction, oh I forgot muslims are blairs chosen and the police mustn't upset them.

What I don't understand is that if he was judged to pose a threat to national security, why was he not in custody?
Is this country fcuking mad??????

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Nick'em, lock 'em then deport 'em after bubba has taken his pleasure. If they were back in there home lands hiding terrorist's, they would end up dangling on a rope from a crane! About time we stopped pussy footing around these nutters. Simple choice, British Law or p**s Off somewhere else! :pissedoff:

rockape34 said:
here
The Scotsman said:
Police 'should pursue terror suspects into mosques'
JAMES KIRKUP POLITICAL EDITOR
Government's terror-law watchdog urges further communication
Moves comes after man under control order escapes police in mosque
Lord Carlile also questions entire system of control orders

Key quote
"Anyone knowingly giving shelter from legal obligations has a clear civic duty to facilitate compliance with the law. If they do not do so, they will have little cause for complaint if police enter their premises." - LORD CARLILE

Story in full POLICE should be more willing to enter mosques or other places of worship when pursuing terrorist suspects, the government's terror-law watchdog urged yesterday.

I think most rank and file officers will agree with that sentiment, only problem is the political animals from the head shed who'll want a "community impact assesment" done beforehand, and crucify anyone who upsets the "community".

Why is it that minorities are the only ones with "community leaders" anyway?

Last time I was in a mosque, I had to take my shoes off. Do the police have to do this too? If so, doesn't it make hot pursuit a bit difficult?

I thought the religious sanctuary laws had been abolished years ago.

Demolish the mosques, solves the problem, the last time i checked britain was a christian country, tolerance of other faiths has gone to far and its time we as a country stood up to all the political correctness crap that Bliar and his Tw@ts keep ramming down our necks. :shakefist:

A quick verse of the Ha Rollo, then police officers would be justified in their pursuit on the only religious grounds that matter. Any problems could be referred to Her Majesty, the Duke of Normandy! Oh, simpler times...

[quote="The_Seagull]Why is it that minorities are the only ones with "community leaders" anyway?[/quote]

Because they're the only ones that live in what could be called a community?

Ancient_Mariner said:
Last time I was in a mosque, I had to take my shoes off. Do the police have to do this too? If so, doesn't it make hot pursuit a bit difficult?

Paramedics don't take their shoes off.

rockape34 said:
eveyuk said:
Ancient_Mariner said:

Paramedics don't take their shoes off.
How do they wash their feet? ;-)
They don't, instead they pour talc down the sides of their shoes.

:)

1623 in fact but it only applied to Chueches recognised by the King anyway.

Frankly mosques are not churches in the strict sense of the word - they are general meeting places and the Political Police are simply too prissy. If Al-Sadr's boys can murder people in mosques and the Iranians can blow mosques up - they must thing the British are a bunch of pansies for the way they curtsey and kow-tow to Kashmiri hill peasants in Britain.

Why don't the Police dress up as Gas Men and say there's a leak - that way they would have added authority ?

Barge right in, If the locals are offended that your chasing a terrorist through there Mosque then arrest them too

Too many terrorists escaped in NI during the 70s because the could hide in a church. There have been numerous accounts of former IRA men thanking the priesthood sometimes by name for "assistance on the run". Why have these people never been arrested and charged? To harbour prisoners is after all a crime.
Police reluctance to enter mosques is politically motivated fear of causing offense. It has nothing to do with protecting the public which is what we all pay our taxes to this miserable government for.

We all unfortunately have to live within the law or descend into barbarity. Mind you that's never happened in an islamic state, or has it?

Thread edited.

It's Current Affairs, not the Naafi Bar.

I was asked to take my shoes off in a mosque having been called there to eject a (proper mental) trouble maker, I said no, the Imam/boss/high priest/chief muslim chap said 'Oh, ok then '

A lot of these 'community' problems are brought up by ar$eholes purporting to be the voice of the community but who are simply sh1t stirrers.

Unfortunately, a lot of the younger or thicker members of the people involved believe the crap that's spouted to them and jump on the band wagon, (any excuse to throw stones, burn flags, wave things etc)

Police head shed react to 'community pressure' and always, unfailingly, cave in for fear of bad headlines and a jolly good roasting from the Govt.

The Police need to be separate from the political system and their apolitical status should be enshrined in law, so the home office and Govt can go f...... take a running jump.

Latest Threads