Police return fire in shoot-out

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mac1, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like this bit...

????!!!!!

Web Page Namenews.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7386569.stm

2. Apparently he's been shot dead now. Sounds like a bit of a nutter.....

3. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Now for the IPCC with their vast ability to use hindsight from the comfort of an office to tell us how it should have been peacefully resolved.

4. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes you have just reminded me we had better reserve front row seats on this thread for Bob James Co. Best tin foil hats on everybody. :twisted:

5. OK, JINGO, go and get the kettle on while the video rewinds.
    This is not the sort of Police action I have problems with, The guy was a danger and had to be stopped before there were any more casualties, OK there then.
    But, to spend millions of pounds training hundreds of policemen to be soldiers is what I do object to. The action today is what the police should train for, not the next Iranian embassy job,
    Might see some sense in the Met now that Blair is on his way out, thanks to the new Dick Wittington

6. Im suprised the copper who killed the nutter isnt going to jail for unlawful force, guy was a victim etc etc etc.
    Also suprised they just shot back surely surely its only right to ask for permission to do your job and then get it written in writing and get the bloke your about to shoot to sign and say he has no problems with it?

SURELY?

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

So they missed at least twice then?

8. Just keeping things on the boil while they waited for the fully pimped bitchin hot APC to arrive!

A very oddly equipped vehicle. Seemed to have loopholes in the rear!

Perhaps they need to spend more time on the principles of marksmanship rather than abseiling through windows and shouting.

9. Suicide by Cop?

Anyway - one more Darwin Award Winner. Good Drills those plod. :twisted:

10. Methinks someone has been playing too much GTA4 (well someone had to say it)

11. Every round you've fired in anger a hit then???

12. Maybe the first two were warning shots,, a way of saying "yep, we have guns too, and there are a lot ******* more of us than there are of you. Stop being a ****." Page 34 of the police firearms manual, I think you'll find.

13. Would just love to be one of those people who get 100% on APWT and slot a bad guy with every round fired.

14. just another nutter with a gun, christ im proud to be English but happy i dont live there anymore

15. Torygraph is saying he was "thought to be a member of the armed forces" - Link