Police return fire in shoot-out

Apparently he's been shot dead now. Sounds like a bit of a nutter.....

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Now for the IPCC with their vast ability to use hindsight from the comfort of an office to tell us how it should have been peacefully resolved.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
box-of-frogs said:
Apparently he's been shot dead now. Sounds like a bit of a nutter.....
Yes you have just reminded me we had better reserve front row seats on this thread for Bob James Co. Best tin foil hats on everybody. :twisted:

OK, JINGO, go and get the kettle on while the video rewinds.
This is not the sort of Police action I have problems with, The guy was a danger and had to be stopped before there were any more casualties, OK there then.
But, to spend millions of pounds training hundreds of policemen to be soldiers is what I do object to. The action today is what the police should train for, not the next Iranian embassy job,
Might see some sense in the Met now that Blair is on his way out, thanks to the new Dick Wittington

Im suprised the copper who killed the nutter isnt going to jail for unlawful force, guy was a victim etc etc etc.
Also suprised they just shot back surely surely its only right to ask for permission to do your job and then get it written in writing and get the bloke your about to shoot to sign and say he has no problems with it?

SURELY?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The gunman opened fire at 1700 BST, again at 2100 BST and then at about 2130 BST. On all occasions officers returned fire.
So they missed at least twice then?

chrisg46 said:
The gunman opened fire at 1700 BST, again at 2100 BST and then at about 2130 BST. On all occasions officers returned fire.
Just keeping things on the boil while they waited for the fully pimped bitchin hot APC to arrive!

A very oddly equipped vehicle. Seemed to have loopholes in the rear!

Perhaps they need to spend more time on the principles of marksmanship rather than abseiling through windows and shouting.

Maybe the first two were warning shots,, a way of saying "yep, we have guns too, and there are a lot ******* more of us than there are of you. Stop being a ****." Page 34 of the police firearms manual, I think you'll find.

BBC news say "the Man was 32 years old and one of a Professional couple"

How long until brown uses this to bring in more powerful 'anti-terror' laws, allowing him to spy on everyone, tap all phones, fingerprint and dna everyone, .....

Ski.

chrisg46 said:
Interview without coffee for the coppers, then - I mean soldiers NEVER miss. :roll:

SkiCarver said:
How long until brown uses this to bring in more powerful 'anti-terror' laws, allowing him to spy on everyone, tap all phones, fingerprint and dna everyone, .....

Ski.
Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet! :twisted:

Give it a few months and there will be another "terrorist spectacular" so big and bloody it will give Broon the excuse to suspend the democratic process. And remain in power until "The Crisis is passed..."

What, you did'nt really think McStalin and the rest of Supreme Soviet would let a little thing like Democracy get in the way, did you? :roll:

SkiCarver said:

Ski.
It will be interesting to see what our spineless, kneejerk reaction govenment try to ban now on the back of this. Was the guy wearing a "hoody", that might have made him do it, ban them.
"Ban handguns." "They are allready banned."
"Ok then ban hands."

Latest Threads