Police Ran Away From Jeering Gaza Demonstrators

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by nigegilb, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The thin blue line......

Video footage posted on a website shows police officers running way from chanting demonstrators who took part in a violent protest in London against Israel's invasion of the Gaza Strip.

The ten-minute amateur film shows 30 officers being chased by a crowd of up to 3,000 people who broke away from an official protest march last month.

The video, posted on YouTube, shows protesters chanting 'Allahu Akbar' (God is Greatest) and 'Fatwa', a death threat under Islamic law.

Watch the protesters chase the police...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1133120/Police-ran-away-jeering-Gaza-demonstrators.html

2. Sounds a reasonable plan.... what do you think they should do? stand and die?

If they were equipped with a GPMG, then maybe they could have stayed... but then all those nice peaceful demonstrators would have been upset by the excesive use of force.... that they themselves have no qualms about using.

3. Exactly, a total no-brainer. Outnumbered 100:1, armed with CS spray and a baton? - Leggit and quick

4. Firstly, a fatwa is not necessarily a death sentence, simply a ruling by an Islamic scholar on a particular issue. But I suppose it's unreasonable to expect the Daily Hate to even get its arrse on Wikipedia :roll:

This came up a while back as I recall; the police aren't running, they are just at the front of a demonstration moving along a pre-planned route. As little sympathy as I have with those who bleat about the poor little Gazans without concerning themselves with their nasty habit of kidnapping and torturing Israeli servicemen, I'm not swallowing the Hate's bile either.

5. The Gaza riot and the current anti foreign worker strikes just show that this government is no longer carrying out the wishes of the electorate, they are so far up their own arrse's they have lost the plot

6. One thing is for sure....

The female steward was not having a good day at this particular demo :) it must have been a good theory in the student union.

The driver of the small black car (about 8min mark) missed a once in a lifetime chance to score a perfect game. :twisted:

As long as its washer bottle was full up of course!!! "Sttttrrriiikkkeeee!"

7. So 30 officers backed off from 3,000 protesters. How many of those 'Officers' were PCSOs who are not trained to deal with this sort of situation? I saw plenty of them. And what would you have the Police do? If they use their batons they are accused of unreasonable force and assault. Not to mention the cries from the crowd that are purely to inflame the situation, whilst Traffic Cones and other missiles fly at the Police. Of course if this video was filmed in (for example) Moscow and the Police pulled weapons and started laying into the crowd then you'd be screaming about the Police being worse than the protesters.

I don't know what gthe answer to these thugs is. Maybe the Americans have the right idea. Shotguns, water-cannon and fuck the PC Lobbiests...

8. I was wondering about that myself legs, the ones with blue panels across their shoulders are PCSOs aren't they? WTF were they doing in such a scenario?

I don't have much experience with the PCSOs, so didn't recognise them as such.

9. I am not really sure what to make of this. Any serving or ex police state if there is a reluctance to go in heavy handed because of sensitivities? I can't recall seeing anything like it before. I remember the countryside alliance protest when the police laid into middle aged protestors in a very aggressive manner. This appears to be the opposite.

Could 30 hardened riot trained coppers have made a stand and made a difference? I doubt it looking at the pictures, but it raises the question is this a taste of things to come?

Read the other day that the average PCSO makes one arrest every 4 years. Does make you question their worth.

10. A PCSO never makes an arrest because they do not have the power of arrest. They should be abolished and the money saved used to pay Specials, who are actually some use.

11. FYI, blokes with the blue paneled Hi Vis are Forward Intelligence Teams and are OB.

As for this particular vid, it has been done to death on a previous thread. Like I said then, the crowd are merely moving forward, and wading into them for shouting "God is great" is hardly proportionate, legal, or reasonable is it?

12. In all fairness, this mob were saints compared to some of the "peaceful" country folk at the countryside alliance protests. I have it on good authority that parts of that crowd were as violent as any the Met had seen.

13. Cheers, I haven't really seen many PCSOs so am not familier with their markings.

re wading in to them, maybe not for just shouting "god is great" etc. But possibly for throwing cones, calling police "swine", and general naughtiness.

Get the GMG out, 4 baton rounds to 1 CS gas.

14. So if the 30 Police had waded into the 3000, how many funerals would be ongoing. Dont worry lads theres only 3000 of them!!

Wouldnt be so mindnumbing Sunday paper shite, if it was true, but it aint.