Police provide FAC info to RSPCA !!

Hmm.. does that not contravene the data protection act? Anyway WTF do the RSPCA need this information for unless it is to further harass gun owners?

It is a major security issue also.

I understood that the police sell information to anyone willing to pay for it.
If it is true that Chief Constables are providing 3rd parties the location and list of what firearms are held and by whom, then heads will roll.

It is a major security issue also.
How long before some "anti" RSPCA employee (and theres plenty of them) posts a list of names and address`s of firearms owners along with gun types in their possession ? then followed by houses being raided by crooks stealing to order !!!

How long before some "anti" RSPCA employee (and theres plenty of them) posts a list of names and address`s of firearms owners along with gun types in their possession ? then followed by houses being raided by crooks stealing to order !!!
My thoughts exactly.

This is why firearm holders, particularly in urban areas, keep schtumn about being such.

Ok, granted, out in the countryside it's a bit different but I would not want ANYONE bar well known shooting partners and family to know I held firearms if I lived some where like Moss Side.

D

Davetheclown

Wish the Police would remember that it is a charity (in illegal uniforms, acting as a federal law enforcement agency). Are the RSPCA subject to SC and DV clearance, do they have Home Office approved Data storage. Also are they licensed as Private Investigators.

No.

Police response would be along the lines of " oh it lessens the workload on us, "

Probably not the rspca IMO, more like the nutters that murdered Lee Rigby, because of twisted interpretations of religious issues.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
What are you smoking Jim?

Dont have a problem with this to be honest.

There's no reason for a private individual to have a firearm, at least the RSPCA could then keep an eye on those likely to use them to harm animals.

There's no reason for a private individual to have a firearm, at least the RSPCA could then keep an eye on those likely to use them to harm animals.

You do know that shooting is an Olympic sport don't you? That thousands of people like me shoot competitively every week.

I think you dropped this when you opened your mouth.

Did your carer leave the computer on again?