Police protest march to Westminster

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Police marching to Westminster. Wonder how may arrests there will be?
  2. There's no doubt going to be various anti police groups descend on the area to try and cause aggro and attempt to steal the limelight.

3. It will make a change for them to get their fat arses out of those cars!
  4. 20,000 plus Officers on the protest leaving the officers on duty throughout the country on overtime to cover.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They will by driving down there with their NPR cameras switched on to nick as many drivers as they can, before arresting loads of ordinary people for the most minor infringements, whilst in the towns they've left behind, organised crime goes on just as before, untouched and unmonitored.

I hope they've got permission from their own force for this protest (after all, I'd hate to see them all arrested under the Anti-Terrorism Act for an unauthorised demonstration).

Maybe the general public should head down there on horses, channel them into back streets and then kick the living fcuk out of them.
  6. Im guessing that they got permission to congregate in a crowd and to demonstrate outside parliment easy then!

One rule for them another for the rest!
  7. Are they bringing their gay horses?
  8. Brian Haw should carry out a citizens arrest on the whole march
  9. Not easy at all. The Government tried to get the whole thing scrapped and even considered kicking them off the train at Milton Keynes.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wonder if any will be filled in by riot plods with no numbers up?
    I hope their bus home gets nicked!
    How can they hope to do feck all when 400 000 country supporters were told to feck off by the Govt?
    Good luck fellas, perhaps a work to rule would be more effective, time for a crime spree outside of London today.
    If I claim they are causing a disturbance under public order legislation can we nick the lot?
    Surely turning up is enough to warrant hate crime charges?
  11. Thousands of coppers all in one place is a prime terrorist target if there ever was one. I just hope the men at the top don't use this occasion to time another July bombing type incident.

Apart from that I didn't even realise we had that many police officers any more- it will be good to see coppers on the streets for a change.
  12. I think The Countryside Alliance missed a trick here - they could have offered to 'police' the march and return the favours handed out during their demonstration.
  13. Errr... They acted like cnuts.

If the coppers do then the gloves will be off and they'll get much of the same off those in their number to avoid risk of anything getting out of hand.
  14. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I believe they are not 'protesting' but 'forming a queue to petition thier MP's'...it's just a very big Q.

15. To be honest I don't know why they have bothered. Best of luck to them but I think we all know Broon couldn't give a fcuk whether 150,000 marched.