Police out of pocket by £100,000,000

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DogsHadMeTea, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The combined loss by Police Authorities, caused by the failure of icelandic banks is 100 million pounds.

What are the police doing with taxpayers money.

Thats more than the Health Service will get this year

2. Yep, the GATSO's will be out in force...
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

WTF? Why are these pricks investing in a country of 300,000 that thinks good investment consists of putting all their money in Hamleys and M&S (and other Oxford Street brands)?

Fcuking lunacy. Although its easily explainable by the fact they are wasting public money and not their own; therefore they give not a fcuk.
  4. Expect On the spot fines to be on the increase

5. Rozzer: Good evening sir. Do you know how fast you were going?
    Driver: Err, terribly sorry officer. I was only a couple of mph above the speed limit.
    Rozzer: Do you know one of your tail lights is out?
    Driver: Err, its day time and I didnt have them on.
    Rozzer: Oh I see, we have a fecking comedian here then?
    Driver: But, but.
    Rozzer: Say 'but' again, I dare you?
    Driver: Bu...
    Rozzer: Right. Thats it. Your nicked. Speeding, driving with a borken car, resisting arrest. Thats an on the spot fine, slag. £100,000,000.
  6. Careful Flash its comments like that which have a nasty habit of becoming Policy under this Gobmint, because they will nick anything.
  7. That's the Met's diversity budget f ucked then...

and the planned trans gender gay lesbian black one armed blind dyslexic gluten intolerant police officers association picnic has been cancelled until further notice.
  8. On Police Authority Premises

Short Fuse defined for them "Nemesis"

When yer money in bank

Just aint worth a wank

Set plod to demanding with menaces
  9. Had the Police and their Authorities invested with UK banks,they would probably have received a lower rate of interest,but enjoyed the protection of their own Government-as N Rock depositors did.However,for 50 basis points more,they thought that the Icelandic banks were a better better.There seems to have been a sheeplike tendency here.Hopefully they will not be allowed to hit council tax payers or motorists,to make up any losses.However,these bureaucrats will never carry the can for this themselves.That's the only certainty of this shambles.
  10. what the feck are they doing putting that kind of money into banks anyhow? thought they were all strapped for cash anyway at least thats what they are always telling us.
  11. 'Thats more than the Health Service will get this year'

Not so, the NHS budget is £110 Billion.
  12. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

No, the diversity budget will be retained as will all the other usueless tat they they spend money on.

We can't have that picnic cancelled now can we, get your priorities straight FFS
  13. Exactly, but you could probably cut something not serious. Like catching villains.
  14. I read a link from one of the ARRSE threads yesterday. I forget which one , but in the article it stated that the Govt (you know who) had given Icelandic banks a double A rating. Also, authotities have been encouraged to invest unused money to maximise the returns for taxpayers and thus, help the Government.

Therefore, the various public bodies which have lost money may not be entirely to bleme.

At least the cops will now have an excuse for doing nothing.
  15. I thought the same thing when I saw that the combined loss sustained by Local and County councils is.... a dead dead lot of money too. They still only empty my phuckin' bins once a fortnight though. Where on earth do you think Plod and the Councils are going to get all the money from to pay all the sueing culture brigade? Money doesn't grow on trees you know. .... Or in Icelandic banks either it appears.