Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police Officer Leaves Pistol in Toilet on BA Plane

I was hanging around outside Parliament waiting to film Brenda arriving in her car to to do the honours...
Security was tight and the place was ringed by uniformed Met. We were playing spot the Aztech and after a while I spotted a couple of scruffy characters who were clearly of that ilk. One of them had a laptop bag slung over his shoulder. On closer inspection I saw that one corner of the flap was open revealing a tell-tale black ring.
I approached the bloke and said 'assuming you are a Prot team I ought to let you know I can see the foresight of your MP5K'. He quietly thanked me and closed the bag.

Imagine my embarrassment if they'd actually been terrorists..
Should have gone with the "briefcase" disguise.

02224c15ad50223dfad2cad94f211e66.jpg

That is rather sad, but telling.
Get both btw!

Did you read the british tabloid article from a few years ago about a single .22 rd in the street? You would think they found a dirty bomb...

These two are different .22 rds.

!

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

Nothing new under the sun. In HQNI back in the day, someone had signed out a Browning then took it back into the office and placed it on their desk. At some point it got knocked off the desk into an adjacent waste paper basket where it was subsequently covered over with rubbish and then emptied into the skip by the cleaner. At this point my memory fails me and I can't remember whether it was subsequently found in the skip by the Green Slime during their standard trawl of the skips on Thiepval Bks, or whether it made it out onto the local council rubbish tip.
The skip divers at Thiepval were locally employed civvies. They did a good job at finding some fairly telling documents, PERSEC and OPSEC related and ended a few military careers in the process.

One of the longer serving, bin rat civvies, was awarded a BEM or MBE for his service to finding discarded pay statements.

The bobble hat wearing grassing bastard.

Did you read the british tabloid article from a few years ago about a single .22 rd in the street? You would think they found a dirty bomb...

!

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

Probably careless farmers or game keepers dropped them , pretty harmless without a gun.

!

I hate to see the mass evacuation a 9mm found on the ground would cause....

Probably careless farmers or game keepers dropped them , pretty harmless without a gun.

They better not look in my 4x4 that I take to the desert shooting... A box of .22 spilled everywhere and every time I clean it out, I find miscellaneous caliber brass treats stuck in the crevices.

The skip divers at Thiepval were locally employed civvies. They did a good job at finding some fairly telling documents, PERSEC and OPSEC related and ended a few military careers in the process.

One of the longer serving, bin rat civvies, was awarded a BEM or MBE for his service to finding discarded pay statements.

The bobble hat wearing grassing bastard.

I never knew they did that. Good thing they never came to our shop in the supply depot.....the one past the mq's.

why didnt the snowflake, after opening the pouch with the gun and seeing the passport, simply ask the stewardess to page mr Cameron, or give it to the captain

why make a big issue out of it ?

we were having lunch in a pub in Naunton, and I kicked something under the bench seat, found a shotgun in its case, a very very expensive shotgun
picked it up popped it over the bar and asked the landlord to lock it away for safekeeping
simples
pub full of people no fuss no one took any notice and we got a nice bottle of wine as thanks
How many terrorists carry a passport of Dave Cameron with a gun ??
I think you’re being very conservative with the facts there mate.

Admit it- you kicked something under the table and discovered...a fully laden Spitfire in takeoff configuration, next to a plug socket that quite clearly wasn’t in compliance with (the then) 16th edition regulations!

I think you’re being very conservative with the facts there mate.

Admit it- you kicked something under the table and discovered...a fully laden Spitfire in takeoff configuration, next to a plug socket that quite clearly wasn’t in compliance with (the then) 16th edition regulations!
C'ant have been a Spitfire.They are all wrapped in grease paper and buried under Redhill aerodrome.

Issi

War Hero
The forces are awash with tales of left behind weapons on exercises and the like. I once left two boxes of 7.62 in the crew room before taking off from Aldergrove. I realised about 10'seconds before we took off, and then had to make an undignified dash across the pan to get them
I'm pretty sure that a colleague left an SMG hanging on a branch in an exercise area, and thank god it was still there some hours later, when he discovered he didn't have it with him

Last edited:
A while after I'd given up my FAC I found a box mag of .22 on top of a wardrobe. This was in London and the rifle had been kept in Wiltshire so f-knows how it got there.

I thought it would be a good idea to pop into Belgravia Police station to hand it over. It turned out it wasn't all a good idea and manner of fuss started. Although nobody actually shot me there were threats of arrest. Luckily a wise old DI (I assume as he was plain clothes) appeared and told me to stick the mag on the counter and bugger off.

A while after I'd given up my FAC I found a box mag of .22 on top of a wardrobe. This was in London and the rifle had been kept in Wiltshire so f-knows how it got there.

I thought it would be a good idea to pop into Belgravia Police station to hand it over. It turned out it wasn't all a good idea and manner of fuss started. Although nobody actually shot me there were threats of arrest. Luckily a wise old DI (I assume as he was plain clothes) appeared and told me to stick the mag on the counter and bugger off.
Better to hand anything like that to your local gunshop , you`ll get no fuss and you can do it anonymously .

Better to hand anything like that to your local gunshop , you`ll get no fuss and you can do it anonymously .

Why didn't you tell me that 5 years ago? Bloody selfish.

WALT

War Hero
A mate of mine used to weld up farmers' Land Rovers. He got the occasional "Boom!" very close to his head whilst cutting through a bit of rotten chassis.

Latest Threads