Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police Officer Leaves Pistol in Toilet on BA Plane

why didnt the snowflake, after opening the pouch with the gun and seeing the passport, simply ask the stewardess to page mr Cameron, or give it to the captain

why make a big issue out of it ?

we were having lunch in a pub in Naunton, and I kicked something under the bench seat, found a shotgun in its case, a very very expensive shotgun
picked it up popped it over the bar and asked the landlord to lock it away for safekeeping
simples
pub full of people no fuss no one took any notice and we got a nice bottle of wine as thanks
How many terrorists carry a passport of Dave Cameron with a gun ??

He was "Terrified" according to the article. The mere sight of a firearms in this country is enough to cause panic and hysteria. It's pathetic.

ches

LE
Or better still, knowing that El Cam is on the flight & being sensible enough to twig that his CPO has been a mong & forgotten his gat, grab the stuff, pop along & tap the bloke on the shoulder. ' You lost something you mong?' Once over the initial, 'who the fcuk is this civvy cnut' shock he'll twig & his face would be priceless. Bet CMD would raise his eyebrows too.

It's quite a foolproof method of ensuring a change in career direction without first having to complete all that tedious paper work.

The officer is to be admired.

Leaving guns in bogs seems to be almost fashionable, I seem to remember that some female copper once left her pistol in the bogs.
Most people just bury bodies in the bogs. Or was that a swamp?

I was hanging around outside Parliament waiting to film Brenda arriving in her car to to do the honours...
Security was tight and the place was ringed by uniformed Met. We were playing spot the Aztech and after a while I spotted a couple of scruffy characters who were clearly of that ilk. One of them had a laptop bag slung over his shoulder. On closer inspection I saw that one corner of the flap was open revealing a tell-tale black ring.
I approached the bloke and said 'assuming you are a Prot team I ought to let you know I can see the foresight of your MP5K'. He quietly thanked me and closed the bag.

Imagine my embarrassment if they'd actually been terrorists..

My question is why the hell he was holding DC's passport in the first place?

And maybe they should put one of these things on every gun and tazer issued. Doesn't need wifi if within the range. Just needs bluetooth. May not work in all situations, but better that trying to search without a clue where you left it.

Tile Mate (2020) Item Finder

If you have access to wifi, it's like a phone finder app thingy.

Last edited:
Would you honestly say that is true about the British Public as a whole?

Yes I would.

At work yesterday i pondered out loud about a decision I am facing at the moment. Buy a new car to replace the old one or spend the money on a new rifle instead. I had expected a discussion about the rifle i want to buy to follow but instead people just glanced nervously at each other until one of them stopped what he was doing and asked what I needed a gun for etc...

It's quite a foolproof method of ensuring a change in career direction without first having to complete all that tedious paper work.

The officer is to be admired.

Probably a DS or DI so he is going to have a boring old time as Head of the Traffic Cone Reclamation Section.

Yes I would.

At work yesterday i pondered out loud about a decision I am facing at the moment. Buy a new car to replace the old one or spend the money on a new rifle instead. I had expected a discussion about the rifle i want to buy to follow but instead people just glanced nervously at each other until one of them stopped what he was doing and asked what I needed a gun for etc...

That is rather sad, but telling.
Get both btw!

craven50

War Hero
It could have been an American or any other nationality on the flight, you are correct. But the law of probability on a flight heading to the UK would dictate a good chance it was one of yours.
Probability! Right!
BTW
Some commentators on here assume the said finder gave it to those who are in charge onboard to cause a controversy! Plus get their 10 mins of fame or cash. So why is the finder anonymous?

Probability! Right!
BTW
Some commentators on here assume the said finder gave it to those who are in charge onboard to cause a controversy! Plus get their 10 mins of fame or cash. So why is the finder anonymous?
Knowing the mentality of British authorities they have most likely been arrested for possession of a sect 5 firearm.
On a more serious note .why would you hand in a firearm to cabin crew?, they are fcukwits by nature and would possibly end up having an ND.

Terry Waite, the Archbishop of Canterbury's envoy to Lebanon, in his book about being held hostage by Jihadis for about four years, recounted that one day he went to the toilet in the apartment he was being held in and found his captor's loaded pistol on a shelf.

Guess what he did with it?

He called his captor and handed it to him.

Sorry about the thread drift - I should have put this in the "Offending the god botherers" thread.

Nothing new under the sun. In HQNI back in the day, someone had signed out a Browning then took it back into the office and placed it on their desk. At some point it got knocked off the desk into an adjacent waste paper basket where it was subsequently covered over with rubbish and then emptied into the skip by the cleaner. At this point my memory fails me and I can't remember whether it was subsequently found in the skip by the Green Slime during their standard trawl of the skips on Thiepval Bks, or whether it made it out onto the local council rubbish tip.

Latest Threads