Police officer charged with murder

Do you have a specific example in mind? LE is not above prosecution here. But they do have to be able to perform their duties without fear of needlessly being thrown under the bus. Least it turn into a profession that nobody wants to join.
Pretty sure he’s referring to the off duty woman cop who walked into her flat, saw a black dude sitting there and emptied a mag into him. Only problem was it wasn’t her place, it was his and he wasn’t armed either.

As opposed to a person sitting in there own home and a cop enters thinking it’s there’s, the round count thereafter makes Fallujah look quiet.

innocent home owner killed cop sacked and charged.
You forgot getting 10 years, or whatever it was she picked up.

Do you have a specific example in mind? LE is not above prosecution here. But they do have to be able to perform their duties without fear of needlessly being thrown under the bus. Least it turn into a profession that nobody wants to join.
I think he is on about the dopey female police officer who was sentenced in Dallas recently.

Pretty sure he’s referring to the off duty woman cop who walked into her flat, saw a black dude sitting there and emptied a mag into him. Only problem was it wasn’t her place, it was his and he wasn’t armed either.
Which he would know that the officer in that case is going to have a rough ten years.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a lesson in here somewhere:

Don't be an absolute thundercunt who has chosen to take shitloads of drugs and subsequently started on a copper who was forced to deploy taser.

Yes, he was once decent at kicking a ball around. No, that does not mitigate the fact that he was a bit of a shitcunt who chose to smash loads of drugs and behave very illegally.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Unfortunately, our fantastic legal system has dragged this out, ruining the life of a copper who simply acted to defend themselves from a violent, drugged up criminal.
Let’s hope there are 12 like minded people on the jury and the only debate they have is who is going to be spokesman to deliver the words “NOT GUILTY”.

War Hero
I'd say let the judicial process run its course. The evidence will be presented and put to a jury. If there is wrongdoing then it will be dealt with according to law.

That's it, really.
You are obviously not a member of Arrse Lawyers Are UƧ’.

They are getting on with finding the deceased person guilty of deliberately obstructing a discharged tazer and then, with malice aforethough, dying of his self inflicted tazering. Fact and evidence not necessary and generally just gets in the way.

see post immediately above for a thrilling insight of Arrse Lawyers Are reaching a conclusion of guilt or innocence.

Last edited:
From what I can gather, Tazer is used as a last ,less than lethal option when dealing with a violent or armed suspect.
I know a couple of coppers and it's not something that is used for shits & giggles. If it's deployed, even just "Red Dotting" someone it's a ton of paperwork justifying why you've had to do it.
Taser is not a last resort. It is an incapacitant and should technically be used before a baton or strikes with hands or feet.

Even the threat of violence by an individual towards another can be enough to Taser someone.

Taser is not a last resort. It is an incapacitant and should technically be used before a baton or strikes with hands or feet.

Even the threat of violence by an individual towards another can be enough to Taser someone.
And we all forget that in some countries even a perceived threat would be immediately met with a hail of 9mm.

Our criminal shitcunts have no idea how much latitude they have from our very softly, softly PCs.

Ahhhhh..Ok.
I'm not a copper, thank you for clarifying that for me.

Certainly hard to imagine that in a street with witnesses, wrongdoing took place, or that this is the only time sh-it has happened and nobody filmed it.
If it is all about taser use causing the heart attack then the charge should be corporate manslaughter and senior officers, and politicians, get to grip the rail, for once.
Your criminals and miscreants are very lucky they get the kid gloves. They would be culled here.

Strictly :

"+ (40) To no one will we sell, to no one deny or delay right or justice. "

Magna Carta 1215 edition...
So?

Blair Peach? Came up in our Tort law lectures many moons ago.
I was thinking more in criminal cases, in that it is not a defence that the victim suffered from an unusual condition.

I just had a quick scan of Blair Peach, because you mentioned tort law, which caused me to think. I didn’t look at it in depth, but I’m guessing the claim Against the Police was one of negligence, based on procedural impropriety? Not a crime of gbh/murder by the officer(s) concerned, where the ‘take your victim as you find them’ would be a governing principle.

or am I wide of the mark?

Latest Threads