Police officer buys homeless man shoes and socks

I used to pass an old tramp on my way to work so feeling a bit sorry for him I started giving him my 'packing up'. After about the fourth day he said to me "doesn't your mother pack anything but fish-paste sandwiches?".

The feckin' ingrate.... that's why I gave them to him.

Z

Zarathustra

Yes, I was amazed at how the press just happened to be there to capture the moment.
The picture was taken by someone who was visiting Time Square who then posted the photo on the NYPD Faceache page where it subsequently went viral. It's explained in the article.

B

Biscuits_AB

He probably planted drugs in them :)
If it was me there'd be no 'probably' about it. "Oh, what's this here then, Sir?. It's what Sir? I think that's slightly more than a little bit of 'personal', don't you, Sir? Mind your head there, Sir...oh look, you've tripped and banged your head. Do be careful, Sir."

Great. Now what's the bloke walking a mile in the tramp's shoes supposed to do? Can he judge him straight away, or does he have to walk another mile in his new shoes?

If it was me there'd be no 'probably' about it. "Oh, what's this here then, Sir?. It's what Sir? I think that's slightly more than a little bit of 'personal', don't you, Sir? Mind your head there, Sir...oh look, you've tripped and banged your head. Do be careful, Sir."

Were you on the same course as me?

New York's a great city. A mate of mine's over there at the moment and said he got an ace pair of combat boots off a Gibson's for a six pack of Coors and a packet of Malboro. He threw the socks away as they were a bit manky.