Police officer buys homeless man shoes and socks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vampireuk, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He probably planted drugs in them :)

But maybe not - and we could write a poem about it. "Santa Wore Blue."
  2. Random acts of kindness are good for the soul. Even better if you and the recipient are the only ones who know.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Yes, I was amazed at how the press just happened to be there to capture the moment.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I used to pass an old tramp on my way to work so feeling a bit sorry for him I started giving him my 'packing up'. After about the fourth day he said to me "doesn't your mother pack anything but fish-paste sandwiches?".

The feckin' ingrate.... that's why I gave them to him.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. The picture was taken by someone who was visiting Time Square who then posted the photo on the NYPD Faceache page where it subsequently went viral. It's explained in the article.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Oh yeah, of course. Totally unplanned. Silly me.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. If it was me there'd be no 'probably' about it. "Oh, what's this here then, Sir?. It's what Sir? I think that's slightly more than a little bit of 'personal', don't you, Sir? Mind your head there, Sir...oh look, you've tripped and banged your head. Do be careful, Sir."
  8. You are a veritable ogre of cynicism, sir; I like the cut of your jib.
  9. Well if it had been planned then you think they'd have used a better camera instead of one on a phone.
  10. Typical American rewrite of history, St Martin of Tours will shortly appear in the hollywood version as St Larry of The South Side!
  11. Great. Now what's the bloke walking a mile in the tramp's shoes supposed to do? Can he judge him straight away, or does he have to walk another mile in his new shoes?
  12. Don't forget "be careful on those staaaaiiirrr........oops. You alright there?"

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. Were you on the same course as me?