Police Marksman Cleared Of Killing Azelle Rodney

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/03/police-marksman-anthony-long-cleared-azelle-rodney-murder

Former firearms officer Anthony Long had told jury he acted in self defence when he shot 24-year-old without warning

Anthony Long arrives at the Old Bailey. Photograph: Mark Thomas/Rex Shutterstock
Vikram Dodd
Friday 3 July 2015 14.10 BST Last modified on Friday 3 July 2015 14.15 BST

A former police marksman has been cleared of murdering a suspect whom he shot six times at close range.
Anthony Long, 58, was acquitted of murdering Azelle Rodney in April 2005 while serving as a Metropolitan police firearms officer.

Long shot dead 24-year-old Rodney without warning when he was a passenger in a car that police were following. Long believed its three occupants were planning a serious armed crime.

The jury at the Old Bailey trial in London accepted that Long was acting to defend himself or his colleagues when he opened fire for fear the suspects may have had automatic weapons, and that Rodney was about to open fire on them.

ACAB

LE
Proof that it is better to be tried by twelve rather than carried by six.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/03/police-marksman-anthony-long-cleared-azelle-rodney-murder

Former firearms officer Anthony Long had told jury he acted in self defence when he shot 24-year-old without warning

Anthony Long arrives at the Old Bailey. Photograph: Mark Thomas/Rex Shutterstock
Vikram Dodd
Friday 3 July 2015 14.10 BST Last modified on Friday 3 July 2015 14.15 BST
A former police marksman has been cleared of murdering a suspect whom he shot six times at close range.
Anthony Long, 58, was acquitted of murdering Azelle Rodney in April 2005 while serving as a Metropolitan police firearms officer.

Long shot dead 24-year-old Rodney without warning when he was a passenger in a car that police were following. Long believed its three occupants were planning a serious armed crime.

The jury at the Old Bailey trial in London accepted that Long was acting to defend himself or his colleagues when he opened fire for fear the suspects may have had automatic weapons, and that Rodney was about to open fire on them.
Can I place my order for a 60" TV now, or must one wait until Jeremy Kyle is over and the news spreads?

I know I have said I have been after a new hob for a while but this seems like the right time to stea....aquire one in the name of justice

I know I have said I have been after a new hob for a while but this seems like the right time to stea....aquire one in the name of justice
I'm occupied with the 60" telly now, but the wife wants a dishwasher - can you pick one up when you steal buy acquire your hob?

If they riot over this do you want a tv, dishwasher or both if the price is right?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The deceased's mother says his death was 'wholly avoidable'.

I agree. If Azelle hadn't been in a car, on the way to be naughty, with three firearms and two other individuals he wouldn't have been shot.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
The deceased's mother says his death was 'wholly avoidable'.

I agree. If Azelle hadn't been in a car, on the way to be naughty, with three firearms and two other individuals he wouldn't have been shot.
And if he hadn't encountered an overzealous member of the Old Bill anxious to pull the "Rambo" number. And don't forget that it was his third "kill" during his service, not to mention the other two he only managed to wound on previous occasions. He should've gone down for murder!

MsG

And if he hadn't encountered an overzealous member of the Old Bill anxious to pull the "Rambo" number. And don't forget that it was his third "kill" during his service, not to mention the other two he only managed to wound on previous occasions. He should've gone down for murder!

MsG
12 citizens of UK would seem to disagree with you.

And if he hadn't encountered an overly nervous member of the Old Bill anxious to live . And don't forget that it was his third "kill" during his service, not to mention the other two he only managed to wound on previous occasions and numerous other incident that didn't result in him pulling the trigger so perhaps was burnt out.
He should quite rightly have been investigated for murder. But its right he was acquitted.

MsG

Just an edit to provide an opposite view point.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Bugsy capturing the mood of the nation yet again.

MsG
So the three (armed) youfs in the car should have been allowed on their way?

Invited by an unarmed Bobby to accompany him to the station?

MsG
Yeah, he should have shot the knife out of the guys hand instead of shooting him.

"He had injured two others, one of whom was a man stabbing a four-year-old girl."
http://www.bbc.com/news/correspondents/dominiccasciani

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

MsG
Did he kill you family?

Latest Threads