Police lose all perspective

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some old biddy once saw my brother and his friends running around in a field with toy guns. 15 minutes later armed police showed up in a helicopter. They didn't see the funny side that time.
  2. Y'see this is why I don't post photos of my PIAT.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aye if I had a Panda I'd keep quiet about it to.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The Police Farce.
  5. Someone gave the Police information that the guy had a mortar in his house. The Police acted on it immediately, as they would. I doubt they'd seen the photo. Bit of a non-story, but amusing and a good excuse to bash the Police nonetheless.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Knowing how shite some police intel units are they probably thought it was one of these:

Newton 6" Mortar
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It's fun when they turn up in the jump suits with the Hocklers and tell you that acting on information they're conducting a search under the Terrorism Act.

But you can see why it gets done. On the other hand, your sole consolation after they've turned the place over and played with all of your toys without asking permission is to have a bit of a giggle at their expense.
  8. ....or they worked out that it was a 15mm mortar and we all know how dangerous they are if they fall into the wrong hands......
  9. No one ever knocks on my door, and I've had that pipette of Sarin in the background of my Facebook profile photo for days now.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Worried about that pic I posted of those Action men in AFVs .. driving without a licence or insurance too .. and cruelty to the horse in the picture, letting it roam ion a war zone like that ..
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I think the plod lost all sense of reality in the 80s when thatcher gave them too long a leash during the miners strike and poll tax marches.

it was much nicer when it was all juliet bravo rather than dempsey and makepeace.
  12. Nice thread title. Well done.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. You wouldn't get Kent police making a mistake like that. Fine body of men.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. ''We are sure that the community would rather we acted quickly on information given to us of this nature, in case it had turned out to be a weapon.''

Really? I'd rather they did some basic int prep and checked out the Facebook page and then dismissed it!! Throbbers, including whichever dork reported it!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 3