Police loans inquiry is widened

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4861136.stm

Driver , pop smoke , jink like hell. So are the Police getting more bodies for this investigation , or are they spreading themselves a bit thinner , so taking longer and ................ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

So has Bliar said that if he's going dahn, he's taking some of the other slags with him?

I note from other news reports that the police will also be looking at possible corruption in the awarding of government contracts to Labour donors. I wonder if this will include the MoD contract for provision of psychiatric in-patient treatment, and one involving the supply of vaccines?

3. It may very well be so Viro , and I am sure an inquiry will be set up , to investigate the matter with alacrity. The findings will then be reported in due course and .............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. *Props PtP's eyelids open with matchsticks*

Yes, chances are it's a smokescreen, or at least an attempt to spread the pain around. However, given that relations between No.10 and Scotland Yard have soured to the point where Blair (the other one) records his conversations, it's possible there might really be a thorough corruption inquiry with prosecutions...

Alright, so I'm probably daydreaming.

5. Send is Lord Stevens, he will rouse the b*****ds!!!

6. Wouldn't it be great if Bliar "fell down the stairs" during questioning?

:twisted:

7. Now Stevens is involved, let's hope they have had a fire drill and checked the dates on the extinguishers.

8. Would I be right in assuming that when the police have finished investigating the allegations they will hand their report to their boss (the Home Secretary) who will instruct the CPS as to whether any action should be taken?

9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Bliar wouldn't trust the CPS; they're so inefficient they may actually cock it up and do the right thing.

I think the usual procedure is that the Attorney General (Lord Cronysmith), will advise that a prosecution is not in the public interest, though the reasons will be kept secret. Just in case, the Lord Chancellor (Bliar's mate Lord Falconer), will have a retired judge ready to hold an inquiry which will, inevitably, reach the 'right' conclusion.

10. Very suspect comment OldRedCap, what were your movements when Stevens office went up in flames at seepark!!!!!! :lol:

I bet any new investigation he leads, the office will be 100% asbestos!!