Police investigate racist hate crime at British Army base in Cyprus

Don't you think any confession will be somewhat tainted if it got to court? Not quite complying with PACE.
The procedure for interviewing soldiers after making inadmissible confessions to unit hierarchy is well versed. Despite units being repeatedly told not to extract them, they still used to.

Hopefully, they have stopped doing it.

Don't you think any confession will be somewhat tainted if it got to court? Not quite complying with PACE.
Hes just making it up as he goes along. It sounds like a good story...
The RSM will leave it to the monkeys.

Hes just making it up as he goes along. It sounds like a good story...
The RSM will leave it to the monkeys.
Although this is some years ago, it wasn’t uncommon for units to bring soldiers to RMP Duty Rooms with signed confessions and huge smiles on their faces, thinking they had cracked it.

Either told to deal with the matter themselves if appropriate or interviewed again in accordance with PACE 84 and the confession invariably inadmissible.

Although this is some years ago, it wasn’t uncommon for units to bring soldiers to RMP Duty Rooms with signed confessions and huge smiles on their faces, thinking they had cracked it.

Either told to deal with the matter themselves if appropriate or interviewed again in accordance with PACE 84 and the confession invariably inadmissible.
Yes i know.
But i havent heard of any RSM being so stupid in over a decade.

tpr0327

Swinger
Certainly wouldn't be the first time someone has decided to be a target. I recall a particular Ghanian Scissors Paper Stapler mong being caught doing the same once he realised he was going to get flack for using the clerk's office telephone at night to phone home for an hour every day. Bit of racist anonymous note under the door and that was his excuse for calling home.

Except he wrote it in his own hand, the fucking mong.

And if it went to Court/CM a Defence Brief would no doubt use the forced confession as evidence to taint the whole case, so making the investigating officers and Prosecutions case more difficult.

The twats not deserve to be classed as soldiers, a swift CM and discharge
A bit extreme. He only had his car sprayed with graffiti

The chances are no one will be caught, just like few people are caught doing all the vandalism that happens on camp. If there is no CCTV and no one grasses them up, then **** all will happen, regardless of the current enviorment.
Even if they found a DNA trace on the car it would be no use evidently if the vehicle was parked in a public place.

Mrsheeny

War Hero
I thought someone had spray painted 'bum' on the side, I though it was a bit childish or some sort of 1950's style graffiti.

Even if they found a DNA trace on the car it would be no use evidently if the vehicle was parked in a public place.
I dont think they will be considering doing a DNA trace for a bit of graffiti even if it was parked in a garage.

I thought that money was no object when the R word was invoked.
Thats what the Military would like people to think, it will be forgotten about in a week.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
I remember being in Fort Stewart in Georgia in 2000 a battalion came back from exercise and had "lost" 2 two pairs of night vision goggles. The whole camp went into lockdown and the sigs were brought in to shut down mobile signals, they were paraded hourly and had room inspections 4 times a day. Guys were actually throwing money over the fence to wives to feed the kids.. Situation lasted 4 days until the "culprit" owned up and they were allowed out. They never got the goggles back but honour was satisfied.

Last edited:
I remember being in Fort Stewart in Georgia in 2000 a battalion came back from exercise and had "lost" 2 two pairs of night vision goggles. The whole camp went into lockdown and the sigs were brought in to shut don mobile signals, they were paraded hourly and had room inspections 4 times a day. Guys were actually throwing money over the fence to wives to feed the kids.. Situation lasted 4 days until the "culprit" owned up and they were allowed out. They never got the goggles back but honour was satisfied.
Was that the Ex with a few British airborne, who were late for flights, had to dekit quick and the "QM" didn't get everything back. Strangely sis Para Regt acquired two new NGVs

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
No the theft happened before we got there, I was the only RMP attached to the Light infantry (who looked after me superbly) and stood out like a sore thumb.

Can you spot me?
Asciet 2000s.JPG

They do and wheels swapped*, and pushbikes nicked as well, especially when the regiment moves.

But this isnt just vandalism it was racial abuse at a a time when its going to attract a witch hunt and its also using the De rigour how to outrage social media phrases

The perpertrator would have to be thicker than a whale omelette** to target a car in that manner in the current environment - whilst its not impossible, it checks so many yep standard alt right phrase here - type boxes it does to me have a whiff of Smollet about it.

*Because some twats tracking is right out and chewing through tyres.
**Bugsy was in the UK let
not blame him.
Or maybe the right time