Police Interview, Etiquette?

I have been asked to attend a voluntary police interview I have been accused of stealing a couch, cash and a picture of my ex employees (6 year old) daughter. This all came about 5 weeks after I left his employment due to his impersonation of a police officer. The police have told me I shouldn't worry but they have to take all allegations seriously. I also know I didn't take anything so I'm confident things will go well.

My question is, should I go suited and booted? Should I go with a yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir nod agree etc... Or should I be a bit more to the point and "deny everything baldrick"

I don't want to appear over confident, over dressed or guilty etc... Serious answers on a post card please
Politely refuse the interview. State that you've done nothing wrong, and deny the allegation. The Police will then have to accumulate the evidence to come and formally arrest you, or ask for a warrant for them to search your property.
Sounds like an impersonation of a request for interview.
If they arrest you when you arrive (and they might) you will get a solicitor on the house. I doubt that the dress code will matter as long as you are not too smelly. If arrested you will be searched so be careful what you have in your pockets.
I would tend not to say much and let them present the evidence against you first and if possible at court.

Book Reviewer
get someone to report that he sells pictures of his daughter on the internet and thats why you left, that will take the heat off you for a bit :)
Sounds like an impersonation of a request for interview.
Can you expand on that? It's a bit of a cluster from what I can gather, I reported the guy initially and in the investigation of that he has made the allegations. But all of that went on my log so I have known about the allegations for weeks personally I would think it would be separated.

Book Reviewer
they like it when you say 'its a fair cop guv, you got me banged to rights and no mistake'
Just say the following......."shouldn't you be out catching real criminals ?"
I quite like the police, being a bar manager in pubs one of which was recently attacked with a chainsaw I would like to keep them onside that's why I wasn't to fussed about going down for a voluntary interview
There already exist sufficient grounds to arrest you (broadly speaking). An allegation has been made that an offence has ocurred, and the victim states that you are responsible, so on the surface there seems fairly general grounds for arresting you on suspicion of conducting that offence. The allegation should take the form of a signed statement from the complainant in order for the police to act on it.

However - having the grounds to arrest you is not enough to actually do so. We need to have a reason to justify why it is actually neccessary to proceed with arresting you. If the alleged offender is a decent enough person, has a stable enough life (home / job / no previous offences), why the need to initiate the questioning for a matter such as this in custody? Hence, in your case, and considering the relatively minor nature of the offence, the police are seeking to ask you the relevant questions outside of custody. For example, it could all turn out to be a case of confusion by one party and an honest mistake being made, which came to light by the police asking you some basic questions. Case closed no harm done, minimal time wasted, minimal exposure to DNA tests and fingerprints for you.

With regard to your original post, there is little need for a suit and tie, keep it casual. I wouldn't advise you call anybody under the rank of Inspector "sir", just be polite and friendly and I'm sure it will be recipricated.

Good advise so far with regards to obtaining independant legal advice just to put your mind at rest if needs be.