Police Interview, Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Jerrycan2793, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been asked to attend a voluntary police interview I have been accused of stealing a couch, cash and a picture of my ex employees (6 year old) daughter. This all came about 5 weeks after I left his employment due to his impersonation of a police officer. The police have told me I shouldn't worry but they have to take all allegations seriously. I also know I didn't take anything so I'm confident things will go well.

My question is, should I go suited and booted? Should I go with a yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir nod agree etc... Or should I be a bit more to the point and "deny everything baldrick"

I don't want to appear over confident, over dressed or guilty etc... Serious answers on a post card please
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Get a solicitor and don't say a word without one present.
    • Like Like x 10
  3. I should also note that the police knew about him impersonating a police officer
  4. Am I entitled to a free one for a voluntary interview? I am a student
  5. Politely refuse the interview. State that you've done nothing wrong, and deny the allegation. The Police will then have to accumulate the evidence to come and formally arrest you, or ask for a warrant for them to search your property.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Sounds like an impersonation of a request for interview.
  7. eye aint sayin nuffink till eye see my brief
  8. Cow

Cow LE

9. If they arrest you when you arrive (and they might) you will get a solicitor on the house. I doubt that the dress code will matter as long as you are not too smelly. If arrested you will be searched so be careful what you have in your pockets.
    I would tend not to say much and let them present the evidence against you first and if possible at court.
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

get someone to report that he sells pictures of his daughter on the internet and thats why you left, that will take the heat off you for a bit :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. so did you do it?
  12. Can you expand on that? It's a bit of a cluster from what I can gather, I reported the guy initially and in the investigation of that he has made the allegations. But all of that went on my log so I have known about the allegations for weeks personally I would think it would be separated.
  13. Nope, couldn't fit the couch in my pug 206
  14. Just say the following......."shouldn't you be out catching real criminals ?"
    • Like Like x 3