Police interceptors H4H wristbands

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by gunnerfalkey, Mar 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else noticed the fact that seemingly all the coppers in this are wearing help for heroes wristbands? Great stuff, but i was wondering why exactly they are so common??? Does Essex Police donate funds to H4H and is given a load of wristbands in return?, or just a load of ex forces cops?

2. I noticed that too, a good few were also wearing them on the firearms unit series

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The was one episode on last week where the Redcaps were down in Leicester Square? & the Met were backing them up as the was a lot of Squaddies on leave in the area.
    But I think that a few of them are Ex-Mob or have relatives in.
    Spike

4. Was that "in the line of fire"? I watched a program on CO19 and i noted that too.

5. That's the badger

6. I wear one, and have the pin badge on my tac vest. Though, sadly, don't seem to see many others in my farce wearing them.

The problem is that, outside of ex military circles, I don't think the charity gets the exposure it deserves. If the wristbands were for sale in Tesco etc I think we'd see a lot more people wearing them and awareness of the charity growing.

7. I wear mine at work too as do several other ex mob types on my shift.

Though sadly we have some ex RAF pillock who insists on wearing a RAFA tie pin... Peasant!

8. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Lot of my Farce wear them, our Dog Section Held a Fund Raiser and they were on sale on every Division as part of this.

As for raising the profile I believe that there is a TV/Poster campaign in the offing as the Dog Section were down in London filming for part of it the other week. Hopefully this will do the trick.

9. My uncles on Armed Response in West Yorks police, he wears one not only for the charity, but to wind up the residents of Bradford!

10. All in our Firearms training department wear them, they are doing a couple of charity events in March/April aswell.

11. Cow

Cow LE

Thanks to them all for supporting us!

12. Pah, I've seen something better than the wristband being on Police Interceptors. It was on Come Dine With Me tonight!
    Now that's hitting the big-time.

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think at least one of the policemen featured is ex military
    He was comparing the hatred and mistrust of the Police in areas of London to NI.in the '80's
    I'm sure there was a Para plaque on one of the walls of the armoury too

14. Quite a few of the guys from K1 and K2 in the West Mids wear them as well. Surprisingly, from what I have seen, the majority are not ex squaddies, they've just been put in touch with H4H by ex squaddies.

Good on em.

15. They are for sale in my local tesco. All the tesco staff wear them.