Police Inspector on bail!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by muhandis89, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This man was ''apparently'' granted bail,in spite of the fact that he is alleged to have strangled his wife.Now more trouble.Am I alone in wondering how he got bail in the first place?

2. because the prisons are so over crowded the government has told judges not to jail people ????? (rather than build more prisons)
  3. I wonder how much the decision to give him the bail was due to him being a supposed responsible policeman. However bail set at £200K must of had larm bells ringing with some people. I hope those who made that decision are punished for their incompetance.
  4. IRON, check PM's
  5. But on the plus side - he would have cost us a fortune in prison.

I don't know what was going on in his head, but perhaps he regretted what he did and couldn't live with what he did
  6. What? He regreted it sooooo much he had to kill his mother in law before topping himself :?
  7. Not defending what he is alleged to have done before - just the outcome for him.

That said, I'd not met his mother-in-law!
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

What's the betting we'll be looking at a new 'crack down' on shooting club security now?
  9. It is potentially a very bad episode for those holding shotgun/FACs. I'm not sure of the facts, but it would appear he went home, picked up his own weapon and then proceeded on task. I believe a condition of bail was that his certificates had been revoked, and as such would need to have found provision for storing his weapons before surrendering his licenses.

Could this have been prevented by the removal of weapons by the coppers as sson as he was released?
  10. Apparently they're 'cracking down' on knives today.

Normal service will be resumed shortly.

(Although given the circumstances of the first murder, we should be looking forward to a ban on cable-ties any day now)
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

That would imply that some common sense is applied - or maybe it was deliberate to faciliate a complete ban on all ticket holders when suspected of any offense....
    Any mention of guns, shooting, firearms, replicas, de-acts etc seems to trigger a stupid reaction from the gov/press/public...I cringe to think what the next stupid idea will be...
  12. I'm thinking this may be where it's going to go. I may be proved wrong, but a sensible bit of pro-active policing (ie ensuring that the peace was kept by facilitating storage of wpns) could have averted a tradegy.
  13. If his licence was revoked back in September he shouldn't have had a weapon at home now. Stored at the club in question? Although the article did state that his membership was also pulled when the licence was revoked so that would logically rule that one out.

But as we know (allegedly) there do seem to be different interpretations of the law for senior coppers.
  14. If his licence was suspended, the peelers would normally hold onto the gats until the matter was resolved.

Did he use his own licensed gun or are we surmising?

Edited to add - I know the club in question and it seems a reputable joint.
  15. The news states he wasn't a member of that club. When was he put on bail?