Police in the clear over Forest Gate raid

Bert_Preast

War Hero
Barking mad? You think they look like that to get laid? They're deranged islamic supremacists. I'll ask again - you see them as friends or enemies?

A

armadillo

Word on the street is that they are guilty, problem is the Police reacted too quickly and stormed the house before evidence was in place. Police were not after glory and public affection, they were damn scared that something was about to happen and overreacted. The best form of defence is sometimes attack.

Armadilloo

armadillo said:
Word on the street is that they are guilty, problem is the Police reacted too quickly and stormed the house before evidence was in place. Police were not after glory and public affection, they were damn scared that something was about to happen and overreacted. The best form of defence is sometimes attack.

Armadilloo
Would these 'word on the street' perchance be propagated by the Met?

Bert_Preast

War Hero
Scabster_Mooch said:
Bert_Preast said:
Barking mad? You think they look like that to get laid? They're deranged islamic supremacists. I'll ask again - you see them as friends or enemies?
Let me get this clear - because of how they look you think they deserved everything they got?
No. As I said earlier they deserved the raid, not the shooting.

Word on the street is that they are guilty, problem is the Police reacted too quickly
Word by who on the street? Other Muslims? Community leaders?

The Police reacted 'too quickly'? I thought the IPCC say the informant's information was suspect to say the least?

It took 6 months of careful COP and Intelligence gathering to arrest the suspects in the Birmingham alleged kidnap case

There was more of this involved in the taser no-knock by WMTACT, which led directly to the arrest of other 21/7(?) alleged conspirators.

As a result, there are cases in session now , or about to come to trial which are the result of careful and diligent old-fashioned policework, Well done WMP , they're the boys.

However, they haven't got the spotlight of No.10 glaring down on them to get a result as soon as possible have they?

The op. was launched on the back of dodgy information by a dodgy informant.

Did Met. launch allegedly prematurely because of political pressure?

No. As I said earlier they deserved the raid, not the shooting.
How did they 'deserve' this raid? IPCC have said the information came from a dodgy source didn't they? The sub-text being this informant had an axe to grind.

How did they 'deserve' the raid?

Bert_Preast

War Hero
The police have to act on information. The informant is a bit slow, and a mate of these brothers. He's likely not the most imaginative bloke and the police would have to assume he's not bright enough to be spinning them along. They fit the profile so it's a go.

intli

War Hero
O2Thief said:
PassingBells said:
AndyPipkin said:
And we actually beleive the two guys arrested at Forest Gate were completely innocent, do we? :frustrated:[/quote)

I'm not going to argue the amount because I suspect that that's the Mail just stirring up trouble, but in any event I'd rather the tax-payer paid out £500,000 many times than another bomb was set-off.
PB
Yeah me too. I love coughing up my dough to anyone with hurt feelings.
As one worked as a shelf stacker in Tescos, the other as a driver for Royal Mail - how much are these guys expecting for loss of earnings? As pointed out earlier, the house has been completely re-done at taxpayers expense (even to replacing laurel & hardy's clothes as they claimed they had been defiled because unbelievers (police) handled them) they were kept in Hotel accn (which they hammered the bar bill - hardly the practice of DEVOTED muslims) and their pets were looked after while all this went on. I have no doubt some ambulance chaser will take their case - maybe Cherry B's lot - and wallow in the publicity.

The raid was carried out on int they received which has since been found to be faulty. One of the occupants was shot - this appears to be a c#ck up by the marksman in the raid - and deserves some compensation without doubt. It will be interesting to see what size cheque they finally end up with. I think the matter of the money stash was given up on too easy as well.

Bert_Preast

War Hero
"which they hammered the bar bill - hardly the practice of DEVOTED muslims"

Bars do sell stuff other than alcohol.

And a hotel minibar is not the cheapest thing in the world.

met****ed this one up failed to find anything to charge the targets with and shot one to boot of course lawyers are going to take them to the cleaners.
if it had'nt been spun as MEt save us allfrom certain death the billmight not be as big.
met were probably right to launch raid with the intel they had but it was Wrong bloke ended upshot though fortunatly not dead.
two blokes have been alledgly labed as bin ladens best mates

Latest Threads