Police hand "Cash for Honours" file to CPS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Still early news.

Investigation done. CPS have the ball. What bet a fumble now??

BBC Link here
  2. 6,300 documents handed over and I'll bet my bottom bollock the CPS won't bring any senior politicians to trial. Oh but wouldn't it be joyful if they did.

Wait out.
  3. This was business as usual right? Thought honors usually followed greased palms or favors done... unless the recipient performed some extraordinary deed or service.
  4. Don't tell me, the CPS are going to bin the file through 'lack of evidence'?
  5. I cannot get the words: Rats; Wash; White; Time; Waste, out of my head!
  6. The CPS aren't so stupid to think they can not hold anyone accountable for this. They'll nail some underling to the wall. Phony will be ok.
  7. When Bliar was questioned it wasn't under caution so (alas) he's safe.
    Still, with any luck that git Levy will get his arrse nailed to the wall.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

We can but hope.

On this case, if there is a case for one charge, there must be a case for others. There are too many people involved to be otherwise.

Courses of action for the CPS.

A charge for one person will look like a sacrificial lamb has been put up for forms sake. White wash

No charges forth coming will not be believed. White wash

Lots of charges - good. Let the courts with jurors decide on the balance of evidence without the worry of contamination and political interference.

Unless it is the last CoA I fear the unbiasness of the British justice system and the standing of the CPS will be forever tainted.
  9. I believe Levy has let it be known that, if he goes down, he won't be going down alone. It looks like being an interesting few months ahead.
  10. No action as not in the public interest .... want to place any bets ???
  11. If Levy thinks he can pull down tony's firm with him, then I just hope his hobbies don't include country walks in the Cotswolds for his own sake!!
  12. One of the papers last Sunday, I think it was the Sunday Times (sorry no link) was hypothyesing that Levy, Ruth Turner and Sir Christopher Evans have been told to expect charges to be laid against them. In ehcih case I hope that AM's thoughts are true

I expect we will now see the NuLiarBore apologists to start rubbishing the CPS and if that fails to start alleging that a fair trial will not be possible due to the publicity
  13. in_the_cheapseats

I won't bet against you and I look skepically forward to the arguments put forward by the CPS.

My own view is that having confidence in your Executive is in the public interest and if corruption, in any guise, is present, how can it not be in the public interest to have it routed out? :(

Whatever arguments are used have to be really really good to top that.
  14. What an absolutely lovely prospect! Hope the sinking ship takes down Gordon Brown somehow, too.

This cannot get interesting enough for me . . . .
  15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

"Mr Tony Blair,how do you plead?Guilty or not guilty?"

" Ahhhh Now,before we get onto that,lets, er,define the levels of guilt,shall we?"

One can but hope...