Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Police gone soft?

I'm sure the ex and current squaddies on here can tell tales of far worse conditions we've had to endure over the years however, those sleeping arrangements are crap by any reasonable standard.
It's not like the PSU cops have had to dash down south cos London is on fire, This visit and therefore all of the logistics are pre planned. This being the case, hundreds of camp beds in a school gym is simply not acceptable particularly when you consider there will be people coming and going all day and night out of there..... the lights will be on all the time, it will be noisy due to the volume of people in the room, and hot.
It's not a deployment to some far flung craphole, it's a mutual aid deployment to a first world capital city.

As for the overtime, most will have had their rest days cancelled more than 15 days ago so will simply get a day back for working them. There will be overtime for working longer shifts but it certainly won't be 'shitloads'. Unless of course it kicks off and they earn their time and a third getting bricks chucked at them.
My sense of irony isn't working today,I really can't tell if you're being serious.

Before all these cuts there was no need to ship officers in from all over the counties, The Met could cope and did so admirably, not nowadays however and the police are treated like second class citizens.
As some one else has said, leave cancelled plus 15, and minimum overtime.

It's a disgrace the way this country now operates, no wonder Mr Trump has said this country is in chaos.
Perhaps the toothless federation should re think their stance on the way they view possible strike action. I have never been a member of a union but the way the police are treated now is a joke, times change and the police rank and file should change and not put up with been treated as cattle and having rest days cancelled because it's the easiest option,
We had better sleeping arrangements at Thetford and Otterburn FFS.

Not quite the police being treated like second class citizens, they're becoming answerable where they weren't before and are now often found lacking.

I'm sure the ex and current squaddies on here can tell tales of far worse conditions we've had to endure over the years however, those sleeping arrangements are crap by any reasonable standard.
It's not like the PSU cops have had to dash down south cos London is on fire, This visit and therefore all of the logistics are pre planned. This being the case, hundreds of camp beds in a school gym is simply not acceptable particularly when you consider there will be people coming and going all day and night out of there..... the lights will be on all the time, it will be noisy due to the volume of people in the room, and hot.
It's not a deployment to some far flung craphole, it's a mutual aid deployment to a first world capital city.

As for the overtime, most will have had their rest days cancelled more than 15 days ago so will simply get a day back for working them. There will be overtime for working longer shifts but it certainly won't be 'shitloads'. Unless of course it kicks off and they earn their time and a third getting bricks chucked at them.

Sleeping on a camp bed with the light on. I can see the next round of her maj giving out tin is going to be busy.
Thank you for your service.

The RUC say you are all fannies.

royal-ulster-constabulary-officers-sleep-off-the-nights-exertions-picture-id830033832

Remember, the majority of cops have never experienced anything like what we would have. Most of them came from service industry Jobs or college / uni and have no concept of hardship in that respect.

The idea of sleeping on a cot, in a building with running water and eating cold food for a few days is not exactly a hardship. People make do with far less when they go camping or hunting. Hell when the power goes out in the winter for a few days people are expected to suck it up and deal with it.

I can just hear it in twenty years time ..."Coppers of today dont know they are born , I remember when we had to spend two nights on a camp bed , had a cold shower and dressed in the dark, they dont make them like that anymore"

Poor feckers, I'll bet they only get 3 sausages each with breakfast.

You know what they say, if you can't take Policing you shouldn't have joined a joke.